British and Now Australian Army - Official Women's video is embarrassing

Started by Destraex, November 23, 2018, 05:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

I really do not know what to say regarding this video. Apparently it's an official video about the Australian Women and how they wear their medals on the left. Britain had a Praying video (it's ok to pray while on exersize), now we have a video on how dis-respectful it is to ask Women why their medals are on the left. I am curious to know if Canada, the biggest nanny state of all time as far as I can tell, has a video about their army being half Reindeer? I am really not sure what to make of all this. Is the rest of the world sitting by and letting us destroy ourselves.

This guy from youtube comments had some good points:
"
Thump Er
1 week ago
I'm a US vet, met some of you down undahs over in the sand box, great people. Far more fun and entertaining to hang out with you guys than the Dutch.

The generals are implementing the policy they have been directed to implement by elected officials. The ones who do not agree with this idiocy, will be fired and someone who is willing to make the changes happen will be put in place. Politicians more often than not do not understand what we know while serving. Finding former enlisted in a public office is nearly impossible, and the officers are somewhat isolated from the 'meat and taters' of the job, but most of these progressives have never served anyway, so they are clueless.

If you want a less effective, less lethal, more kind and compassionate military, well I suppose you can have it because the US military will do the heavy lifting for you in most cases... until they push this bullshit into every aspect of our military, in which case we are all weaker. That is hilarious that dude said no scary stuff.. some limp wrist politician has the general's nuts in a vise.

I agree about the idea of inclusivity in the military, you want the most capable, the best you can possibly get, and whatever color they are or the type of plumbing they have should not be a priority. Its who can do the job effectively. You do not want to go solely on arbitrary bullshit like how much melanin you have or if you can't take a piss outdoors easily.

I was an NCO, I worked along side my people and knew who could do what parts and who could not. We loaded cargo planes, palletized your stuff and put it in the C5s C17s and C130s. Pallets can weigh up to 10,000lbs as singles, and you can tie multiple pallets together to move longer stuff, and each one can weigh 10,000lbs. so 5 together would 50,000lbs, but I never saw anything that heavy, the most I pushed were under 30,000lbs. The pallets are pushed by hand over rollers, and the old C5s have rather crappy rollers. Its a heavy lifting high endurance job where being big and powerful is a massive benefit. I can move a 10k pallet alone, but very few can do it. Thankfully most were under 9000lbs, but occasionally it would be really heavy stuff.

I could not let the females push the pallets without mostly men on the team, because they simply couldn't do it alone, and you can only fit so many of them behind it to actually push. I would need ten females to do what I could do alone, but usually two males could do what I did alone, I got kinda big from the first gulf war back in 90-91 from doing this job, so the second war I still had the muscle. Pick up 200lbs and run up 3 stories about 200-400 times in a 12 hour period, and you gonna get big if you can eat enough. That is a good approximation that most can understand.

I have yet to meet a female who can do anything close to that. Most could barely lift 50lbs and move it. A 3000lb pallet gets stuck in the rails, and they can't budge the thing, and one of us comes by and moves it easily. Logistics is not glamorous, nobody makes movies about cargo, but without it getting there the military freaking stops functioning and your people die. Its a massive thing to supply everyone over in the desert, you can't imagine it until you have seen it. So putting mostly females into this means it takes far longer to move the materiel needed to fight. The males who work with too many females end up doing the majority of the work and that takes a huge toll on your body, ask how I know.

Yes females can be there, yes I appreciate their service, but there has to be a priority set on capability and competence where you put those who can into that job. If a man cannot pack the gear and do the job, he is put out of the military, if a woman can't do it, and you say something, you are sexist and mean. He gets separated she gets moved to a busy work job where she isn't going to be in the way, but isn't really contributing.

Females are treated with kid gloves, you can't write them up, reprimand them, or give them a bad performance report even if they do something completely egregious. They might be "in charge" but they are not responsible, so they screw up and the highest ranking active duty male gets in trouble, because he is responsible even if he isn't "in charge" been there done that, got the T shirts and broken body parts. Then you have the sexual harassment issue where the females wield the accusation like a kid with his button on a nuclear tipped ICBM. Just saying hello or good morning to a female can get you demoted if she decides she wants to destroy you for some reason. I stopped talking to them entirely except with other males around as witnesses and only mission essential conversation. I did all my dating off base, all to avoid more claims of harassment over innocuous bullshit.

"
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Ubercat

Sounds like the London metro police. Their top priority right now, other than policing the internet for "hate speech", is reaching complete gender parity in the ranks. There are some funny YouTube vids showing how well the women are doing at controlling all the violent crime that has skyrocketed since so many officers are sitting at computers.

But we're getting into dangerous territory with posts like these. I'm not sure it's OK to discuss issues like this here.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Destraex

Oh right. Did I hit the wrong forum sub category or is it just not acceptable in general because some here are sensitive?
Apologies if I did. I don't post much outside of the PC wargaming area.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Ubercat

It's politically incorrect and may hurt some feelings. We used to have a sub forum for such topics.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I am shocked no one has made a single tasteless Australian Women Down-Under reference yet.  :o  Do I have to carry the whole load around here?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Topical content of the video aside, and its applicability or lack thereof to the forum now -- we can all agree the video's hostess deserves more views, right?  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat