Russian and American astronauts survive rocket failure

Started by Airborne Rifles, October 11, 2018, 09:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airborne Rifles

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/10/11/europe/soyuz-rocket-russia-nasa-intl/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

QuoteNASA astronaut Nick Hague and Russian cosmonaut Alexey Ovchinin are in what NASA director Jim Bridenstine described as "good condition" after surviving an emergency landing after a booster failure on a Russian Soyuz rocket Thursday.

Initial reports indicate the rocket wasn't powerful enough to carry the Russian commander's cast iron balls into space. Video shows him making the call to separate the capsule from the failing rocket.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

DoctorQuest

Where is the Space Force when we need them?

Glad everyone is OK.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Steelgrave

Thank God they are safe! I don't recall anything manned like this incident having a good ending in the past. Space exploration is far from safe or routine but at least this wasn't another tragedy for the history books.

em2nought

Quote from: Airborne Rifles
Initial reports indicate the rocket wasn't powerful enough to carry the Russian commander's cast iron balls into space.

This explains CNNs willingness to cover an actual news story,  they jumped from their story about POTUS' penis to this. lol
Stolen elections have consequences.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on October 11, 2018, 09:53:41 AM

NASA astronaut Nick Hague and Russian cosmonaut Alexey Ovchinin are in what NASA director Jim Bridenstine described as "good condition" after surviving an emergency landing after a booster failure on a Russian Soyuz rocket Thursday.

Doesn't he play for the Washington Capitals?

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

DoctorQuest

NM
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.