Steel Division 2 Brings Single Player Strategic map campaign similar to totalwar

Started by Destraex, August 25, 2018, 04:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

From the Russian side it should be a walk over. If this game is done in proper wargame terms there will have to be objectives that mean as the Germans just holding for x period means winning. Close combat 1 was like this iirc. Also Bagration means the most equipment and units. Tiger 2 etc. plus it's a similar time period to Normandy and this gives me hope they will bring the old sd44 divisions in with the new sd2 mechanics. Whatever they are.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

Some Q and A questions answered by Eugen:
Steel Division 2 Pre-Order: Answers to your questions
Hello everyone, Steel Division 2 is available for Pre-Order since yesterday and we wanted to answer some questions you asked in the forums / reddit / social channels:

Will there be gameplay video / trailer soon?
Yes, we are writing the next Dev Diary right now and we'll publish more in the coming weeks. We'll show gameplay as soon as possible, which means when the interface is fully integrated and functional (we're getting there). We want the game to look beautiful before showing it in action.

When will the pre-order be available on Steam?
Pre-Order should be available on Steam in early 2019. Steam has a pre-purchase policy that only allows pre-orders just before release.

Nevertheless, by pre-ordering on our site, you'll get a Steam key anyway.

When will the game be published? When the Beta will start?
We are aiming for an April release, but we are very cautious and will communicate the official release date when we're sure about it. The Beta should start 6 to 8 weeks prior to release. Again, we'll communicate official date and times as soon as possible.

Are the campaigns only in the History Pass?
Of course not. The main game will feature 4 Dynamic Strategic Campaigns on day one, as well as 25 maps, 600 units, 18 divisions, and a lot of things we haven't announced yet.

The History Pass grants access to the 3 upcoming History Pack DLC, releasing during the year after the game's release, each of them bringin new Campaigns (3 in total), new divisions, historical missions, units, nations, aces and camos.

We will give more details on the History Pass as soon as possible, but you can already check out the Steam page.

Will there be day-one DLC?
Except from the Aces and camos obtained by Pre-Ordering the Game, Signing Up and the ones available in the Commander Deluxe Edition, there will be no day-one DLC. We are focusing on developing the game now, and will start the work on DLC when it's done.

Will the campaigns be available in coop?
As announced before, the Dynamic Strategic Campaigns will be available in Single Player, not in coop. Nevertheless, you will be able to play in coop and multiplayer in the other game modes.

What about the 10 free DLC?
The 10 Free DLC, featuring new maps, divisions, aces and camos, will be released during the year after the game's release, and will be available for everyone, no matter which edition you pick or if you choose to preorder or not.

We wrote a moving love letter about it:

Steel Division 2 couldn't have been developed with the incredible amount of feedbacks we had from our community, and it was important for us, as an indie developer, to reward you with something special.

We know how much you like to expand your gaming experience with awesome new content, and we will be glad to provide you, for free of course, with very cool DLC for the game.

Releasing during the year after Steel Division 2's release, 10 free DLC will be available for everyone who purchase the game*, no matter which edition you pick or if you choose to preorder or not.*

We sincerely hope you guys will enjoy the content we're preparing for you and again, thank you for your support.

The Eugen Team

Where is Wargame 4?
We have answered this one numerous times: we are not working on Wargame at the moment.

A legend says that every time someone spams our comments with this question (and even more if there are insults included), the chances of this to happen are reduced by 17.4%.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steel_Division/comments/a3ebj1/steel_division_2_preorder_answers_to_your/

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on December 06, 2018, 09:51:08 AM
Thanks for posting. Release date should obviously be June 22.

Yeah...the Russians sure did have a sense of humor. Barbarossa and Bagration kicked off on the same day. lol.

But, I'd still prefer the earlier anticipated release of April and with a beta being released 4 to 6 weeks earlier, a February or March early access release isn't out of the question.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

That's Putin's birthday so I'll be out riding my lawn mower shirtless, I don't have a horse.  :hide:  I hope this game is a real winner. It'd be great to have THE perfect WWII East Front game.  :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

sandman2575

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 06, 2018, 10:09:17 AM
Yeah...the Russians sure did have a sense of humor. Barbarossa and Bagration kicked off on the same day. lol.

Ha! I never put that together. Talk about finding a way to give your enemy an epic middle finger. 

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Not only that, but if you take some of the characters in his name in some language's alphabet, and multiply their sum by another number, you come out to 666!

>:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Not sure that I am onboard with the effective engagement range changes or the special ammunition addition allowing old pzIII tanks to be effective at this late war time. Time will tell. They make it sound like Sherman's with 75mm guns will be penning German armour at over 1km.
https://steamcommunity.com/games/919640/announcements/detail/3419819491438967258

Destraex

April 4th has just been announced as the release date for Steel Division 2. In addition the Eugen have announced that if you own steel division 1 you get a DLC pack which grants 10 of the old SD1 divisions inside of SD2. Something I requested way back and something that appears to be up their with the top requests for SD2. I am very pleased with this. Very much looking forward to Eugens "combat" dev update tomorrow.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1022830/Steel_Division_2__Back_To_War_Pack/

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex