Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden

Started by bbmike, May 03, 2018, 12:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Now this looks very interesting! Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden is coming to Steam. Mutant:Year Zero is a post apocalyptic RPG that has been around for quite some time.  :smitten:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Zulu1966

Quote from: bbmike on May 03, 2018, 12:30:15 PM
Now this looks very interesting! Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden is coming to Steam. Mutant:Year Zero is a post apocalyptic RPG that has been around for quite some time.  :smitten:

Yeah looks good. But....not sure I could take anything seriously where my character was a duck ... be better if it was human..
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

bbmike

There are humans. Watch the first look video on the Steam page.  8)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Tpek

Quote from: Zulu1966 on May 03, 2018, 12:46:27 PM
Quote from: bbmike on May 03, 2018, 12:30:15 PM

Yeah looks good. But....not sure I could take anything seriously where my character was a duck ... be better if it was human..

A duck protagonist? What will they think of next?
A superhero movie about a talking Duck from outer space that is directed by George Lucas?  :))

Nefaro

It's too bad they skipped over the original mutant themed content and went straight to the goofy furries stuff found in the later release.  :-\

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

I cant believe December 4 is in almost 3 months.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bbmike

I know, and college football starts in 2 days!  :o
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

airboy

"A duck with an attitude problem and a boar with anger issues; these aren't your typical heroes. Get to know Dux, Bormin, Selma, and many other characters each with their own unique personality and deranged perspective on the world and their situation."

I'm delighted to wait on Mike to play this and give his impressions.

But if you are waiting for a very good post-apocalypse RPG - buy Underrail.  It is the best update of Fallout 1 & 2 I've ever seen.

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 23, 2018, 02:49:42 PM
I cant believe December 4 is in almost 3 months.

The older you get, the more your perception of time accelerates.  ;)

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

jamus34

Started watching a let's play video this morning. Looks strong. Everyone compares to Xcom however I see the gameplay more like the old Jagged Alliance games.

Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

I've heard it's extremely linear. True?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bbmike

It's too early for me to say how linear it is. It's not an issue for me since I've played the RPG this is based on. My first impressions are good. The post-apocalyptic feel and artwork are outstanding so far. This review seems spot on.

Their quote on it being open world:

Mutant Year Zero is a semi-open world. XCOM randomly generated its encounter maps, but Mutant Year Zero's team handcrafted theirs. This makes it possible for players to see enemies before they engage them in combat and use silenced weapons to pick off the stragglers. A clever player can make an encounter easier by taking out enemies on the fringes before engaging. There's also a greater emphasis on pre-combat positioning.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak