We got a dog. So far I'm slowly getting used to it.

Started by W8taminute, April 30, 2018, 05:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

You can use a baby gate too if the dog is small. For larger dogs that are not jumpers, 4 feet is usually a perfect height.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

My previous cocker spaniel would wonder around at parties waiting for some one to put a wine glass on the floor and then, very quietly and delicately, lap up all the wine ...  <:-)
My current cocker doesn't like alcohol of any kind...

BanzaiCat

We used to have Cocker Spaniels...nervous little beasts that piddle a lot. Good dogs, though, and excellent howlers.

Barthheart

My current cocker, Lucy, is 15. Doesn't piddle, has never really barked or howled. Currently deaf as a post, losing her vision and might have a cancerous growth on her snout.

besilarius

There's a Saturday morning show on CBS, Lucky Dog.
It's about training rescues and has a lot of good training tips.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Barthheart on May 02, 2018, 11:13:49 AM
My current cocker, Lucy, is 15. Doesn't piddle, has never really barked or howled. Currently deaf as a post, losing her vision and might have a cancerous growth on her snout.

Crap. I hope her remaining time, however long or short, stays comfortable.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

Thanks. She doesn't appear to be in any pain, in fact doesn't bother with the growth at all....
Very happy dog, loves going for walks and being off leash in the park area behind our house. To look at her gambling about, you'd never know she was 15.  :)

Sir Slash

Fifteen is a damned good age for any dog to make it to. Very few of mine ever did. And if she's still active and comfortable then she really IS a grand old dog.  :notworthy:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

My dog turned 3 yesterday. Perfect pup, no complaints, and like our previous dog, the best looking member of the family.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

besilarius

In their minds, owners are the most gorgeous people in the world.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

BanzaiCat

One time with one of our previous Cockers, we had a bunch of people over. He was a very good boy and sociable so he never had any problem with being around strangers. Then suddenly a massive SBD snuck up on me and let loose, and hoo boy it was a bad one.

I had a moment of utter panic - oh sh*t, what am I going to do? That was naaaaasty - but everyone turned and looked at the Cocker, whom was near me, and went "Holy crap that dog let loose a stinker!" "Damn what do you feed him?" "Let him outside!"

I was all, "Uhh...yeah, geez, wow, dog, that was gross, let's get you outside right quick... >:D  :-[ "

bbmike

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 02, 2018, 10:13:08 PM
Fifteen is a damned good age for any dog to make it to. Very few of mine ever did. And if she's still active and comfortable then she really IS a grand old dog.  :notworthy:

+1. My pug made it to 13.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Sir Slash

BC, That took a lot of guts to post that.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bobarossa

Quote from: BanzaiCat on May 02, 2018, 11:07:08 AM
We used to have Cocker Spaniels...nervous little beasts that piddle a lot. Good dogs, though, and excellent howlers.

We had a cocker when i was little.  It's name was Puddles.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd