We got a dog. So far I'm slowly getting used to it.

Started by W8taminute, April 30, 2018, 05:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Beautiful pup! The secret to getting along with dogs is to be the one who FEEDS them. Then they will be your life-long companions. Also belly-rubs go a long way too.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

My old dog, rest his soul, would literally 'get pissed' when we left the house and didn't take him with us. He would find new and exciting corners of the house to get pissed in until he died.

My current dog has never had one accident in the house and has been crate trained from the first night we brought him home when he was 2 months old.

Win some, lose some.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

I'm taking Panzer to puppy training classes.  Miniature Schnauzers are one of the hardest breeds to train according to the Puppy Mistress who runs the classes.

Panzer took a critical hit two weeks ago when a Bazooka wielding surgical scissors "snipped" him.

Panzer also loves to pick up pine cones, sticks, and pretty much anything else as you can see:

Gusington

I've had several miniature Schnauzers in my family over the years and let's just say they were all very...energetic :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

W8taminute, hope you didn't have any issues with the rescue.  I was not impressed with them last year when we were looking for a new dog.  People giving up their dogs, but didn't want to adopt them out to someone that was looking for an outside dog.  Insisting on house inspections, etc. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

Quote from: airboy on May 01, 2018, 06:59:01 PM
I'm taking Panzer to puppy training classes.  Miniature Schnauzers are one of the hardest breeds to train according to the Puppy Mistress who runs the classes.

Panzer took a critical hit two weeks ago when a Bazooka wielding surgical scissors "snipped" him.

Panzer also loves to pick up pine cones, sticks, and pretty much anything else as you can see:

For the first time, we got a training collar.  Wasn't sure how it worked, but it really works great.  Any more just a couple of beeps and Groot comes running home.  Being in the middle of farm land, the range was critical.

https://smile.amazon.com/PetSpy-Training-Vibration-Rechargeable-Waterproof/dp/B01N1T9MD2/ref=pd_nav_hcs_rp_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TPMX7V0ZQZAJ6B33ECVS

Groot loves going into the field and finding field corn and having corn on the cobb.  He also likes hunting field mice.  Has probably caught a couple of dozen, and he's not even a year old yet.  Last week he caught a mole.  Spent half the day digging in the field for it, but he was victorious.  He buried it in the front flower bed. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Sir Slash

This thread has gone to the dogs. Which I applaud.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

I've always loved dogs.  They love you.  They show you that they love you.  They play ball.  They don't drink your liquor (I don't have pugs).

Unlike cats, dogs are never suspected of taking out a large life insurance policy on their owners and then killing them by "accident."

OJsDad

Quote from: airboy on May 01, 2018, 10:54:18 PM
I've always loved dogs.  They love you.  They show you that they love you.  They play ball.  They don't drink your liquor (I don't have pugs).

We had a neighbor that had a St Bernard that would drink beer.  Our current dog like to steal cans of Dr Pepper. 

Gusington

My dog also likes beer - pilsner, specifically. He hasn't tried soda yet.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: OJsDad on May 01, 2018, 08:09:18 PM
W8taminute, hope you didn't have any issues with the rescue....

No we were lucky.  There were no issues, either with me checking out their paperwork on Snoopy or with them checking us out.  Which by the way was not hard but not easy either.  They asked for three references that they interviewed to make sure we are fit to adopt animals.

I'm currently trying to find a good pet gate to block off the stairs so Snoopy stays on the first floor of the house.  Any good tips?  I need a gate that is 40 or more inches tall and 42 inches wide.  [101.6cm tall, 106.68cm wide]
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

OJsDad

Cannot help you there.  A quick search on Amazon, and there are some out there.

airboy

All of our dogs were rescues, including Panzer.

Some of the stuff I'm attempting to train Panzer on is very challenging.  Anything that requires him to be still is just a bear.

Sir Slash

My male pug, Tyson would always steal my watch when I took it off while I was in the pool. And he tried to get in my drink when I wasn't looking. He liked Rum better than Bourbon.