We got a dog. So far I'm slowly getting used to it.

Started by W8taminute, April 30, 2018, 05:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

In the spirit of the recent 'we got a cat' thread:

My family has been wanting to have a dog for quite a while and until last week I was able to enforce my edict that there would be no dog in the house.  I have failed and now we have a dog.  He's actually a good doggie even though I really don't care for dogs in general.  He even gets excited when I come home from work and wags his tail and jumps on me.  Although I'm dying a little inside each and every day I am starting to like him. 

What on earth is happening to me?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

You're getting 'OLD' and Human and soft and a bunch of other things that don't make sense right now but..... will in a few years when the dog saves all of you from a burning building. Next it'll be man-boobs and a beer-belly and then you will start wanting to have naps in the afternoon. With your dog. Then it will all make sense to you. Glad I could help.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Haha, yes you've nailed some of the points pretty good.  I already have small man boobs and a beer belly so I guess the naps and the burning building are not too far behind!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Gusington

You don't care for dogs? And I thought I knew you.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

Come on, give us his name and breed.  You really are new to this dog owner thing!   ;D
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Con

Quote from: OJsDad on April 30, 2018, 07:49:40 PM
Come on, give us his name and breed.  You really are new to this dog owner thing!   ;D
Missy and its a long haired wallet-pilfer

:D

OJsDad

Quote from: Con on April 30, 2018, 10:20:24 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on April 30, 2018, 07:49:40 PM
Missy and its a long haired wallet-pilfer

:D

That can also describe wives and daughters. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

W8taminute

Pics and his name, which will make sense when you see his pics, are on the way!  Yes I am new to this dog thing.

Gus I thought you knew I was solely a cat lover.  But I have to admit dogs can be lovable too.   :)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I'm at work now so I don't have too many pictures on me but here is one for you guys.  This is Snoopy, a rescue from South Carolina, that we adopted last week.  I think he's part pit bull part Scottish Terrier but I'm not sure.  He's a well behaved dog and a bit of a ham at times.  The shelter told us he was voluntarily surrendered by his previous owner for reasons unknown.  But the fact that he is friendly and generally happy tells me that abuse or neglect was not why he was let go.  In any case he has a new home now.

BanzaiCat

OJsDad

Great looking dog. Like ours, he has claimed a seat for himself.

W8taminute

Thanks guys.  Yeah he's fitting in quite well.  I forgot to mention he's 2 and half years old and crate trained. 

bobarossa

Quote from: W8taminute on May 01, 2018, 09:09:37 AM
Thanks guys.  Yeah he's fitting in quite well. I forgot to mention he's 2 and half years old and crate trained.

Well then you missed the insanity of his first year and a half (for some breeds it last much longer).  Great looking dog.