Centurion40

Thread title says it all. Meh...
Any time is a good time for pie.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Capn Darwin

Troll post if I ever read one.  8)
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on February 17, 2018, 02:54:33 PM
You're racist!!

I hear a call of shenanigans! 

One more we get the brooms!
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

well you're white so.....  O:-)
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 17, 2018, 07:58:31 PM
well you're white

can we all just pause for a moment and revel in the fact that Star actually used the correct form of "you're" for the first time in, well...  (lessee, he hasn't been a regular here for 2 years, so...) at least 36 months?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Centurion40

It was just so very mediocre, gorgeous to look at but the story... meh. Facile enough for young teens, but it was a big disappointment to me.
Any time is a good time for pie.

MIGMaster

I never really found the Black Panthers comics all that engaging to start with. There seems to be more hype around the sociological aspects of the film then the actual story itself.

mirth

Quote from: Centurion40 on February 18, 2018, 02:18:57 PM
It was just so very mediocre, gorgeous to look at but the story... meh. Facile enough for young teens, but it was a big disappointment to me.

The Marvel movies in general haven't really been deep from a story standpoint.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

RLM has what sounds like a decent review of it. Mike, though, mentions he's starting to get a little worn out on Marvel movies, and he does have a point.

There are spoilers, but they put a placeholder to tell you to fast forward to a certain point when that time comes.

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 18, 2018, 05:56:36 PM
Mike, though, mentions he's starting to get a little worn out on Marvel movies, and he does have a point.

Yep. Started feeling the fatigue a while back. More noticeable with the Star Wars movies though, imo. The Disney-fication of these franchises does wear one down.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

jamus34

Quote from: mirth on February 18, 2018, 05:34:37 PM
Quote from: Centurion40 on February 18, 2018, 02:18:57 PM

The Marvel movies in general haven't really been deep from a story standpoint.

With exception to Winter Soldier and perhaps Iron Man 3 I agree.

But they are obviously sacrificing individual story for the greater Avengers arc. Maybe once the Infiniti war is concluded they will get better. That said these are still the best comic book movies put to film with exception to X-men 2.
Insert witty comment here.

mirth

Quote from: jamus34 on February 19, 2018, 05:55:07 AM
But they are obviously sacrificing individual story for the greater Avengers arc. Maybe once the Infiniti war is concluded they will get better. That said these are still the best comic book movies put to film with exception to X-men 2.

Agreed. They're great comic book movies, but they're still comic book movies so I don't go into any of them expecting a lot story-wise.