Sherman Leader

Started by BanzaiCat, February 03, 2018, 04:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

I'm having a lot of fun with Sherman Leader today...finally (FINALLY) had some time to get it on my table and put it through its paces.

I'm enjoying it because it's fast paced, easy to get into (though I've put a LOT of DVG product through its paces and honestly it doesn't take much effort now for me to get into and learn one of their games), and quick to play. I'm doing the initial/intro scenario, 'North Africa 1942,' and made a few stupid mistakes in Week 1. Currently in Week 2 and working on polishing off two German battalions. The scenario lasts three weeks, so it won't take me long to get through it. My rating is pretty low right now, though, so hopefully I don't blow this completely!

Speaking of, that's something else I'm enjoying...the drama of the game as it unfolds. I've had more than a few close shaves so there's quite a bit of tension to it.

From the get-go, this is a far better product than Tiger Leader, insofar as hitting the table running right out of the box. DVG also sent me the upgrade kit for Tiger Leader, which I'll get into soon to see how it's improved the base game.

I know TL is a sore point for some of you, but I'll still post my thoughts/review it (as well as SL) in the near future.

mirth

Glad you got time to get it on the table ;)
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

I'm looking forward to your write-up.  O0
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Yskonyn

I hope not on the frontpage.  :-"
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

mirth

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath