Shooting in KY High School

Started by bayonetbrant, January 23, 2018, 09:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on January 24, 2018, 08:34:46 PM
Oh. Well that is BS. I should have known.

Yeah it is BS. This is the headline from the Times "School Shooting in Kentucky Was Nation's 11th of Year. It Was Jan. 23."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/23/us/kentucky-school-shooting.html

When you get down into the article it then reads

QuoteBut it was one of at least 11 shootings on school property recorded since Jan. 1

And then

QuoteSome of the shootings at schools this year were suicides that injured no one else; some did not result in any injuries at all.

And people wonder why public opinion of the MSM is so low and why it is getting tagged as "fake news". This is sort of BS "reporting" is exactly why.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

I don't wonder why. The NYTimes is barely a shadow of what it used to be.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on January 24, 2018, 08:52:51 PM
I don't wonder why. The NYTimes is barely a shadow of what it used to be.

It's not just the Times reporting it that way. You noted CNN is doing it. I heard the story on NPR. WaPo is doing the same. So are dozens of other news outlets. Google "11 School Shootings" and check the search results. It's pathetic.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

QuoteThe gun control advocacy group Everytown USA defines a school shooting as when a firearm discharges on school property. And based on these criteria, the New York Times reports that there have been 11 school shootings since January 1st.

https://hellogiggles.com/news/school-shootings-2018/

So the MSM is getting it's headlines from a gun control group. Stellar "journalism".

Gusington

NPR typically makes me want to vomit. Everyone's a victim and no one's to blame.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on January 24, 2018, 09:01:00 PM
NPR typically makes me want to vomit. Everyone's a victim and no one's to blame.

NPR at least had to the integrity to report that some of these incidents were only tangentially "school shootings" (they mentioned the guy who committed suicide while in the parking lot). I've seen many other articles with the "11 School Shootings in 2018" headline that make no mention of the suicides or the incidents that involved no fatalities.

MetalDog

Hear hear!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

^I am forced to listen to it once/twice a week in the carpool when my hipster doofus friend drives.

I barely watched or read any news today, btw. It was awesome.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

During the WH daily press briefing, some reporter was getting upset the Huckabee-Sanders because Trump wasn't doing anything about school shootings. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

Quote from: MetalDog on January 24, 2018, 09:07:35 PM

Hear hear!

Quote from: Gusington on January 24, 2018, 09:15:21 PM
^I am forced to listen to it once/twice a week in the carpool when my hipster doofus friend drives.

I barely watched or read any news today, btw. It was awesome.

I listen to NPR fairly frequently.  And on purpose.  I feel it's important to have an idea of what is being discussed by people I don't always agree with.  The manner in which they often present it is as you describe and that grates my nerves.

Gusington

'The Huckabee-Sanders' - ha! That should be her new title.

And MD let me be frank here...the only part of Trump's winning of the Presidency that I enjoyed is the utter stupefaction of the lefty intellectuals. There are a ton in my office and they think their shit doesn't stink and they know everything and are just superior.

I wish I had a picture of their faces the day after Election Day.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

Was going to say the press secretary, then changed it up. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

The Huckabee Sanders has a much better ring to it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

MetalDog

Quote from: Gusington on January 24, 2018, 09:25:40 PM
And MD let me be frank here...the only part of Trump's winning of the Presidency that I enjoyed is the utter stupefaction of the lefty intellectuals. There are a ton in my office and they think their shit doesn't stink and they know everything and are just superior.

I wish I had a picture of their faces the day after Election Day.

I quote you again.  100% agreement.  But it's always my hope that out of such depths of despair will come a willingness to consider that maybe, just maybe, they might be looking at this from an extreme position and come back more towards the middle.  I'd be glad to meet them there.