This friday, i am leaving on a jet plane

Started by Anguille, November 24, 2017, 12:10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Quote from: Toonces on November 24, 2017, 04:47:00 PM
I saw that Fritz 13 is on sale for $10 on Steam...if I get that, which I plan to soon, I might boot that up.  Not sure what else, yet.

i've looked at that too, but there's so many free options just as good, especially for learning. I like to do the tactics puzzles and guess the move stuff. I still have Chessmaster 10 installed and Chesstutor 1&2 for paid stuff, but use the free stuff with my database for learning mostly.

If you want some links just let me know.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

Commander if you do start a M2TW campaign, try the Stainless Steel mod, v6.4.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

@ Budd- yes, I would like the links.  I've been trying to learn chess for real.  I keep reading about free options, but chess.com isn't free.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Tuna

Quote from: Greybriar on November 24, 2017, 09:48:02 AM
Today, which is Black Friday, I will try to make more room in the refrigerator by eating Thanksgiving leftovers.

I may be playing Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations WOTY if I decide to buy it from Fanatical (formerly Bundle Stars) while it is on sale for $19.99 (+ an extra 10% off by using the code BLACKFRIDAY10), or ~ $17.99 U.S.

Thanks, took the plunge.. I bought this last year or the year before on sale for a lot more, but refunded, because I didn't like the UI when I fired it up. But I just started watching Ballogan's tutorials, and I think he can teach me!!.. I really like the whole concept of the game and for this price, might as well give it another shot!.. Thanks again for posting this!

MengJiao

Quote from: Kushan on November 24, 2017, 03:12:40 AM
In theory a long holiday weekend for me, however due to a big deadline in the middle of December I'm going to go in for a few hours tomorrow. Traffic should fun, especially since we have a Home Depot and Lowes across form our office.

On the gaming front, some mix of Diablo 3, Prepar3d, CMANO, TOAW 4, FOG 2, and Crusader Kings 2. Need to get some videos for my youtube channel done while I have some time off. Want to finish my play through of Command: Live! Black Gold Blitz so I can get back to Shifting Sands, as well as starts some series on CK2, FOG2, and TOAW 4. TOAW 4 videos might have to get pushed a little since I just got it a few days ago, and with the holiday I haven't done much more then look at the opening menu and start skimming through the manual.

Probably mostly World of Warships with possibly some FOG2

-budd-

Quote from: Toonces on November 24, 2017, 06:23:35 PM
@ Budd- yes, I would like the links.  I've been trying to learn chess for real.  I keep reading about free options, but chess.com isn't free.

Give me a few to gather, i'll be back.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on November 24, 2017, 06:40:17 PM
Quote from: Kushan on November 24, 2017, 03:12:40 AM
In theory a long holiday weekend for me, however due to a big deadline in the middle of December I'm going to go in for a few hours tomorrow. Traffic should fun, especially since we have a Home Depot and Lowes across form our office.

On the gaming front, some mix of Diablo 3, Prepar3d, CMANO, TOAW 4, FOG 2, and Crusader Kings 2. Need to get some videos for my youtube channel done while I have some time off. Want to finish my play through of Command: Live! Black Gold Blitz so I can get back to Shifting Sands, as well as starts some series on CK2, FOG2, and TOAW 4. TOAW 4 videos might have to get pushed a little since I just got it a few days ago, and with the holiday I haven't done much more then look at the opening menu and start skimming through the manual.

Probably mostly World of Warships with possibly some FOG2

Maybe Pike and Shot ALcazarquivir 1578