Main Menu

CWII Error

Started by JudgeDredd, November 22, 2017, 06:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Damn Dredd. I feel bad for you. This is a great game-- too bad. I've got the Steam version and have had no problems but the annoying red numbers in the top left corner which I fixed by adjusting something in the options panel. I tell you what, if you're ever in Florida, pop over and you can play my game anytime you want.  ;D Just stay out of the fridge while I take a nap.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JudgeDredd

lol - if only

I've contacted Slitherine who have suggested the screen saver. Not an option as it's not enabled on my PC.

He did say it's often another piece of software running which interferes with it - so I've got some items I can turn off to see if any of them are causing the problem.
Alba gu' brath

Queeg

It might be related to your PC trying to enter sleep mode (somewhat related to screensaver).  This problem has been seen with other AGEOD games.   I recalled seeing one solution and dug it up here:

QuoteAbout the "DirectX to renderer invalid call: CTD" now (as before) reported at the AGEOD Forum.

I experienced that when I began playtesting RUS/FT last December. The game would start, but after a while -- with the game on idle -- DirectX would crash.

I fixed my ATI crashes by (a) unchecking CPU Sleep Mode in-game and (b) unchecking video and CPU sleep mode in Windows 7 Control Panel. I can now leave my game up idle and unattended without problem.

Hope this helps.

JudgeDredd

Thanks Queeg - but as I've already mentioned, my computer doesn't go into sleep mode or have a screensaver set.
Alba gu' brath

bbmike

JD, have you checked to see if it's related to sleep mode or your screensaver?  >:D 
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JudgeDredd

:knuppel2:

Slitherine said to switch startup apps off and see if it works, then start to switch on as required...I'll be experimenting
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Just switched a few things off and it turns out it was D3DGear. Switched it off and the game starts  O0
Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 23, 2017, 02:51:58 PM
Just switched a few things off and it turns out it was D3DGear. Switched it off and the game starts  O0

Sounds like that is related to the sleep mode screen saver.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

so just to close it down since i first mentioned, want to also confirm it wasn't sleep mode or screensaver:)

JudgeDredd

You can really go off people y'know
Alba gu' brath

Sir Slash

My computer doesn't have a 'sleep mode'. Or at least I fall asleep before it does.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

IT Crowd - legendary  O0
Alba gu' brath

Tuna