Main Menu

CWII Error

Started by JudgeDredd, November 22, 2017, 06:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

So I reinstalled this given the stellar product feedback from some here and I'm getting an error when running it...I wondered if any of you have had the problem

I installed the game and entered my key and checked for updates which downloaded and installed 1.06

The error shows when it's finished loading and changes the cursor to the in-game cursor (sword?)...something flashes on the screen (I suspect it's the game menu) and then I just get a black screen and the above message

System is
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel i5-4670K
8GB RAM
3GB AMD Radeon HD 7950

Thanks
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Haven't played in a while but sounds like your using the stand-alone version...did you try the Steam version to see if different results?  You get a free steam key if you redeem if you haven't done that already.

Grim.Reaper

By the way, Steam version is up to 1.6.3, a lot different than 1.06.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 22, 2017, 06:32:01 PM
Haven't played in a while but sounds like your using the stand-alone version...did you try the Steam version to see if different results?  You get a free steam key if you redeem if you haven't done that already.
It is the stand alone version and no - I don't have the Steam version. I'll look into it.

My version is 1.06.3. I suspect it's the same as Steam.
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 22, 2017, 06:38:42 PM
It is the stand alone version and no - I don't have the Steam version. I'll look into it.

Nope Steam is version 1.6.3...and looking at Matrix site, the latest stand alone is 1.6.3...sound like yours is older based on the number you have.

Saw some posts over there about burst error, seems like they stated had something to do with screen savers and/or when computer sleeps.  But I would make sure you get to the latest first.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 22, 2017, 06:40:29 PM

Nope Steam is version 1.6.3...and looking at Matrix site, the latest stand alone is 1.6.3...sound like yours is older based on the number you have.

Saw some posts over there about burst error, seems like they stated had something to do with screen savers and/or when computer sleeps.  But I would make sure you get to the latest first.

Unless you meant to type 1.6.3 versus 1.06.3 :)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 22, 2017, 06:41:44 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 22, 2017, 06:40:29 PM

Unless you meant to type 1.6.3 versus 1.06.3 :)

Nevermind me, we are probably talking the same thing:)  Back to gaming.....

JudgeDredd

It's nothing to do with screen saver or going to sleep because I don't have those switched on.

I really don't think there's a difference between 1.6.3 and 1.06.3 - except they've omitted the 0. I used the in-game download to update to 1.06.3...I am assuming that it grabs the latest version as that's what it's designed to do.

I can't see where to get the Steam key. I think I'll go back to DC:Barbarossa as that's working.

Thanks anyway GR.  O0
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 22, 2017, 06:43:26 PM
It's nothing to do with screen saver or going to sleep because I don't have those switched on.

I really don't think there's a difference between 1.6.3 and 1.06.3 - except they've omitted the 0. I used the in-game download to update to 1.06.3...I am assuming that it grabs the latest version as that's what it's designed to do.

I can't see where to get the Steam key. I think I'll go back to DC:Barbarossa as that's working.

Thanks anyway GR.  O0

Yep your right about the version numbers...think you have the latest....

Grim.Reaper

How to redeem steam key...no idea if any better result but might be worth a shot....worst case, you get a key:)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3648145

jamus34

Do you use MSI Afterburner?

I found that after an update that start borking a good number of my games from running (would get immediate CTD's).

Started up a game without loading it and boom, fine.
Insert witty comment here.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 22, 2017, 06:54:40 PM
How to redeem steam key...no idea if any better result but might be worth a shot....worst case, you get a key:)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3648145
Thanks - you're a star.

However, uninstalled stand alone, got Steam key, installed Steam version, same thing.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: jamus34 on November 22, 2017, 07:43:31 PM
Do you use MSI Afterburner?

I found that after an update that start borking a good number of my games from running (would get immediate CTD's).

Started up a game without loading it and boom, fine.
Nope  :'(

Honestly lads - it doesn't matter. I can crack on with Decisive Campaigns.

Thanks for your time  :notworthy:
Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

As also posted by Grim Reaper :

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3413755

The engine has trouble with screen savers using DirectX. The only workaround is to quit the game if you have a screen saver that triggers too fast.

JudgeDredd

Thanks Pete - but...
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 22, 2017, 06:43:26 PM

Thanks anyway GR.  O0
Alba gu' brath