Decades Feeder Bracket - 1968 Round of 16

Started by MetalDog, November 19, 2017, 06:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Emeraldlis on November 21, 2017, 04:37:39 PM
Did I just hear you  correctly!!!!!..... New kids on the block  :D you were on this stage crew  :D  screw jimmi the beatles and Dylan...... We're talking Jordan Knight and Wahlberg 'hangin tough   :coolsmiley:

Local setup Easter weekend 1991 at Reynolds Coliseum (one of the worst acoustic venues of all time - it's designed to echo like crazy to magnify crowd noise during sporting events).  I had nothing better to do that weekend, so I took the gig working stage crew and made some good money for about 8 hours of work (4 setting up; 4 tearing down)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

I suspect that you guys, Brant and MD, might just band together now in your total condemnation of my musical taste  ;D

It's ok to like girl music if you're a girl.  The fact that it's terrible is mitigated by your age and puberty.  Up until about the age of 10 or 11, I was MAD for disco.  Loved the stuff.  Then I hit middle school and grew out of it.  After that it was Zeppelin, AC/DC, Van Halen, Dio, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Rush, and on and on.   
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

Can't forget Band of Gypsys, outstanding Album!

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 21, 2017, 05:08:26 PM
Did I just hear you  correctly!!!!!..... New kids on the block  :D you were on this stage crew  :D  screw jimmi the beatles and Dylan...... We're talking Jordan Knight and Wahlberg 'hangin tough   :coolsmiley:

Local setup Easter weekend 1991 at Reynolds Coliseum (one of the worst acoustic venues of all time - it's designed to echo like crazy to magnify crowd noise during sporting events).  I had nothing better to do that weekend, so I took the gig working stage crew and made some good money for about 8 hours of work (4 setting up; 4 tearing down)

'91 would have been the height of my NKOTB obsession  :) why did I not know you then... Oh the pain! Although, even had I have lived in the States then, I very much doubt you would have been interested in smuggling two 13 year old girls into a concert!!!! Maybe you could have sold us a couple of tickets though :)  And  the lousy acoustics would not have bothered me in the least at that age... Would've been to busy screaming in their general direction to notice that I couldn't hear the singing, lol  :D my inner 13 year old is totally jealous that you saw one of there concerts  :P lol!!

Quote from: MetalDog on November 21, 2017, 05:42:18 PM
I suspect that you guys, Brant and MD, might just band together now in your total condemnation of my musical taste  ;D

It's ok to like girl music if you're a girl.  The fact that it's terrible is mitigated by your age and puberty.  Up until about the age of 10 or 11, I was MAD for disco.  Loved the stuff.  Then I hit middle school and grew out of it.  After that it was Zeppelin, AC/DC, Van Halen, Dio, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Rush, and on and on.   

Yeah, I don't think sophisticated musical taste entered into it when I was a kid either! Although your taste in disco at that age was fairly sophisticated I think :) I like me some Donna summer every now and again   :coolsmiley: Actually a guy once played me one of her songs, another place and time, and I thought he was breaking up with me!! Turned out, I'd listened to the wrong side of the tape  ;D he was actually trying to play me another song... Forget which one now! But I remember calling him up all upset, and him being all confused and having to explain that he wasn't giving me the elbow :)

Having said all that.... My inner teen still loves NKOTB, it's just to nostalgic to give it up!

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Emeraldlis on November 21, 2017, 06:31:24 PM
'91 would have been the height of my NKOTB obsession  :) why did I not know you then...

because I was in college and not channeling my inner Roy Moore :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

^ good point :) I take it roy moore is a bad man?
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

bayonetbrant

MetalDog

The short of it is he is a politician running for the U.S. Senate who is being accused of dating/groping/behaving badly with girls from the ages of 14 to 17 during the 1980's when he was in his early 30's.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 21, 2017, 06:38:34 PM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on November 21, 2017, 06:36:59 PM
^ good point :) I take it roy moore is a bad man?

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=20095.0

That thread deserves to be read when I can give it more time and attention. I'll give it a read through tomorrow :)

Quote from: MetalDog on November 21, 2017, 06:40:33 PM
The short of it is he is a politician running for the U.S. Senate who is being accused of dating/groping/behaving badly with girls from the ages of 14 to 17 during the 1980's when he was in his early 30's.

OK  I get the joke now!! And I'm glad it's come to light what roy moores been up to, I hope those women get justice.