New Firefox Quantum browser

Started by WallysWorld, November 14, 2017, 11:28:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

I just happened to click update on my Firefox browser and it went from version 56.0.2 to 57 and it changed quite a bit. Now it's Firefox Quantum which was released this morning.

Firefox Quantum

Be warned that a lot of addons like themes, weather addons and items like the status bar addon do not work with this new version. At least not yet.

But I have to admit, Quantum looks pretty good so far.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Nefaro

I hope it's faster, as they say.

Some version of Firefox get noticeably slower.  Like their tweaking bogs it down until they eventually get around to more tweaking. 

I wonder if the NoScript add-on is working with the new one.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

Nice, it nuked all of my bookmarks.  >:(
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

WallysWorld

Quote from: bbmike on November 14, 2017, 11:49:59 AM
Nice, it nuked all of my bookmarks.  >:(
Rats! Bad luck! It kept all of my bookmarks.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

bbmike

Nevermind. It removed my bookmarks icon from the toolbar. I found it and restore it. All is good now.  :buck2:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

WallysWorld

Quote from: bbmike on November 14, 2017, 12:01:08 PM
Nevermind. It removed my bookmarks icon from the toolbar. I found it and restore it. All is good now.  :buck2:
It did that to me too. I removed the Library icon from the toolbar and put the Bookmarks icon back onto the toolbar.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Sucks that 90% of my plugins don't work now.  The one that really pisses me off is my VPN.  I paid for that one and now it won't work.

Greybriar

Quote from: Nefaro on November 14, 2017, 11:33:18 AM
....I wonder if the NoScript add-on is working with the new one.

No, it isn't. I visited the NoScript website and found this:

Quote from: NoScript
Where's NoScript for Firefox 57 "Quantum"?

2017-11-14: We're working hard to make NoScript for Quantum available to you as soon as possible, definitely by the end of this week.

Please be patient: if you feel naked while you're waiting for the "brand new" NoScript, you can still use the "regular" NoScript 5.x (and all the other extensions of yours) on Firefox 52 ESR, which will receive security updates until June 2018. See you soon!

At least we know they are working on it.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 15, 2017, 04:15:33 PM
Sucks that 90% of my plugins don't work now.  The one that really pisses me off is my VPN.  I paid for that one and now it won't work.

Give it some time.  At first I had almost 10 plugins that didn't work.  Today only 2 remain incompatible.

mirth

Mine just updated. I didn't have many plugins installed so I don't think I lost anything. Hopefully the new version isn't such a memory hog.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Silent Disapproval Robot

GDS_Starfury

I do not like it at all.  is there a "classic" mode?
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

WallysWorld

I like it so far. Seems faster to me. Just waiting for some addons to be updated like my favorite status bar one.