Corporate research question

Started by Ubercat, November 01, 2017, 09:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubercat

So, what do you guys think is a good way to research the threads of corporate ownership, as in who owns who?

I discovered something interesting at the Liquor store last week. A bottle of Mirassou Moscato with the same bottle cap picture that's on bottles of Smoking Loon. I thought that was interesting and assumed that one winery probably owned the other or perhaps they both had a common owner. No other bottle of Mirassou in the store had an SL bottle cap. Is it a contest? Can I win $5k for finding the odd bottle? I haven't been able to find any such contest online.

I went to the Mirassou website. It tells how 6 generations of the Mirassou family have been vintners and strongly implies that they still make wine. Very nice but it's all just PR. According to Wikipedia, the family sold out to Gallo and their old vineyards are now housing complexes. One family member was hired by Gallo for PR purposes but none of them can sell wine under their own family name.

Smoking Loon, OTOH, appears to be owned by Don Sebastiani & Sons, who also own Plungerhead and a few other labels. I can't find any connection to Mirassou or Gallo. What is going on here?  ???
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

gameleaper

its like baked beans, there all the same just put different labels on. did you see the chicken scandal recently in the UK, it showed gow interconnected bransa are