The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

^ Yes....

* Glances...all better....my precious...We loves our scotchesess...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

airboy

I got mildly sunburned today watching five innings of a baseball game in Auburn in short sleeves.  Lovely day. 
The coeds were all wearing shorts (or short shorts), the team was ahead 16-0 when I left in the middle of the 5th inning.

Several girls who appeared to be athletes in shorts were sitting one row down from me.  Only thing that I was lacking was beer (and my wife who is having a normal end of life crisis with her Dad).  She missed the Kentucky Basketball game and a really lovely day of baseball.

Toonces

^ There is so much I don't understand about that story.

1.  Nice day, but you left after 5th inning.
2.  Coeds in short shorts sitting one row in front of you but you left after 5th inning.
3.  No beer....ah, ok, I guess I get it now...   :P
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Sir Slash

If you've got coeds in short shorts, you got to have..... no, you pretty much got everything you need right there. Maybe THEY might need beer. Girls used to tell me the more beer they drank, the prettier I looked. I think it was intended as a compliment. Women can be so cryptic.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

My back yard is like some kind of crystal fantasy-land, with all the snow having melted and refrozen into chandelier-drops hanging from the branches for the trees. When there is a gust they actually chime a little. They are just starting to melt again and cascade down through the branches.

It's all very ethereal. Standing on the deck and watching that for a while is almost worth the 40 minutes I spent chopping away at what the snowplows left at the end of the driveway
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

airboy

If you work in the best environments, 18-22 year olds in shorts walking around is a large part of the scenery.

Toonces

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

OJsDad

Thunderstorms came rolling in about 6 this morning.  Already produced over half an inch of the 3 inches excepted between now and Wednesday.  Temps 45 right now. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: OJsDad on February 19, 2018, 08:23:32 AM
Already produced over half an inch of the 3 inches excepted between now and Wednesday

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

BanzaiCat

Not pertinent to us here, but am on a call right now with Aussie-land and they just told me about a cyclone that just did a hard left to head right over New Zealand.