The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

It ends...tonight. So they better go back in to their cave on Mt. Washngton and Toonces better put some flannel underwear on.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Sir Slash

How do I know this isn't all just Russian disinformation?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

OJsDad

As i was reading the last post from Mirth, we receive a winter weather advisory until 1pm tomorrow.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

We will too for tomorrow afternoon and it was almost 80 today.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

High of 38 forecast for tomorrow. Today is a cruel tease.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

BanzaiCat

mirth

Silent Disapproval Robot

It's been a pretty mild winter on the left coast so far but that changed last week.  Got a decent dumping of snow over the weekend and sub-zero temps since then.  Supposed to get a big dumping of snow starting Friday afternoon just in time for my commute for night shifts.  I hate driving here when it snows!  Too many people here aren't equipped for snow driving and don't know proper driving techniques and these are the ones that put everyone else in danger.

I got stuck having to drive home in the worst of the stowstorm on Saturday.  Had to come down a long, steep hill with about 10cm of fresh snow over ice so I geared down and started going.  The guy in the raised pick up in front of me made the mistake of pumping his brakes and went down sideways for about two blocks before he finally came to a stop and pulled into someone's driveway to wait it out.  Someone else managed to slide into a pole so the ambulance and fire truck were in attendance and blocking part of the road (on a blind corner with no flares or flaggers).  Three or four people were trying to climb the hill in their cars and fish tailing all over the place (including into my lane).  It's mandatory to have snow tires on in winter everywhere in the province except Vancouver and Victoria.  I wish they'd make it mandatory here as well.  These heroes in their all seasons are a menace!

Took 45 minutes to drive what normally takes 10.  Work commute normally takes 40min.  Gonna be a long set of nights...

Gusington

^Seems you have your own share of dumbasses as well. Sorry.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd