Walking dead season 8

Started by ghostryder, October 25, 2017, 01:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

You guys are gonna have me start to think about it and thus enjoy it less :(

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

This season is a nightmare.

How many rounds without a hit? All Carol had to do when those two guys were dealing with the walkers was stick it on single shot and pop pop...in the head. out of the game. Instead she goes full auto AND MISSES from what, 30 feet?

As for the direction. Have they got a new director in that loves flashbacks? I mean...c'mon!

8 seasons...it's done well, but if this is the sign of things to come... :hide:
Alba gu' brath

bayonetbrant

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 15, 2017, 01:17:33 AM
How many rounds without a hit?

yeah, they apparently learned to shoot at the A-Team School of Stormtrooper Marksmanship
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

trailrunner

I just watched episode 9 The Big Scary U.  Not much to complain about, because not much happened.  A real sleeper of an episode.

CptHowdy

havent watched any of this since the governor was still around. have they had their jumping the shark moment yet? seems they have lost track of what made the show a hit in the first place!

ghostryder

Finally got around to watching the last episode. I was bing watching the last season of Longmire that finally aired. let's just say more happened in the 1st episode of Longmire than has happened in 2 whole seasons of the walking dead. This last episode was kinda of jumping around timewise--we zoom to Gabriel and Negan surrounded by walkers then zoom to Rick and Daryl at the truck they drove off the road last episode and some filler in which we see the meeting that took place right before rick and everyone shows up to attack. Some sniff'n out who the informer might be and we get a small glimpse of Negan's past. not much. Just that he used to work with kids and was a crappy husband---I think it's a little too little and a little too late to flesh the character out but at least there was that info. Pretty uneventful really.

bayonetbrant

you could always just stop watching....
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

ghostryder

prepaid but I think this will be my last season. With the cancel of House of Cards and Longmire over there's little to watch --- seeing I still have Game of thrones it's getting rather thin in TV for me. Oh well -- that's why we are gamers.

WallysWorld

Wow! The show's ratings are almost in free fall now with the last episode getting the worst ratings since season 2's finale.

I wonder if it's too much zombie overkill with FtWD and other zombie related shows?

TWD's ratings
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Steelgrave

There was much I really enjoyed about the last episode....Carol's scenes especially. Melissa McBride has some serious, serious acting chops and is head and shoulders above anyone else in the cast. In a lot of ways I thought it was one of the stronger episodes of this season, staying true to each character (something TWD doesn't always manage). And then there is Rick. Seriously (and if you've seen the previews of next week, it only reinforces this) you have to ask yourself why anyone is following Rick at this point. He started the war with the Saviors (by murdering people in their sleep who, to that point, had done nothing to his group) he gave away all their weapons, and now he walks into an enemy camp? With Polaroids? Ummm.....Rick? What exactly did you think was gonna happen? No doubt next week will show it is all a part of a plan, but it's a stupid plan, Rick!

And whatever writer created these junkyard people belongs in the Jar-Jar Binks Hall of Shame. Listen, producers....it was a mistake! Better to pretend they don't exist than double-down by including them in at least two more episodes. Kill. Them. Off. Listen, I'm not ready to walk away from TWD because I still care about the characters, I'm invested in them and I want to hear their stories. Like Sons of Anarchy, which sometimes went through contortions for dramatic license, the individual parts of TWD are often greater than the whole. Despite all this, it remains a favorite and must-watch program. But it could be sooo much better.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

I'm on the fence. I missed the last two episodes and now with Vikings, Knightfall, Marco Polo and other shows in my queue I'm not sure if I will go back so quickly. Which kinda sucks because I put a lot of time in to this show. I dunno...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ghostryder

I hear ya on rick but as of the last episode it looks like daryl is about to take all the plans off the tracks and do something stupid.....again. which likely will allow Negan to continue on...and on....and on

ghostryder

Zoom a week. look above. I guessed it. All you need to know.

trailrunner

Nah, I think Negan's reign will soon come to an end.  But Darryl's decision to do his own thing did not turn out well, which may bring him and Rick into a conflict in which only one of them emerges.