oh oh...I just can't stop myself

Started by JudgeDredd, October 10, 2017, 12:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 10, 2017, 06:49:54 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 10, 2017, 04:29:03 PM

Unfortunately, a "dry fit" has shown this is going to be a challenging build. It's not snapping together where it should, kind of looking like it's warped in places.

It'll take alot of TLC I think.

you bought an Airfix kit....
I know  :'(  But there wasn't another 1/72 kit out there.

I've been waiting and waiting for a new mould to be made - Airfix is going through it's catalogue and remoulding some kits - I had hoped I would find this being announce (they've just done the Victor)

I couldn't wait any longer...I'll just have to master my filling and modelling skills.  :buck2:
Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

Quote from: DoctorQuest on October 10, 2017, 08:55:07 PM
I always think of JD when I see ads for this 1/48 DKM U-boat Type VIIC U-552. It's on sale for $495 US. And may require an addition to the house.  O0

http://www.historicaviation.com/DKM-U-boat-Type-VIIC-U-552-1_48-Kit/productinfo/101944/

WOW! 55" long!  :o
How do I sneak that into the house without getting killed by my wife......  :P

JudgeDredd

It's started

This thing is needing a huge amount of work. I think there's more plastic on the flash than there is actually moulded for the model. Also, the filler and sanding it's going to need.

This better be worth it!
Alba gu' brath

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

JudgeDredd

uhuh...or at least it's Airfix's attempt at recreating the Vulcan  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath

OJsDad

Quote from: Barthheart on October 11, 2017, 05:25:33 AM
Quote from: DoctorQuest on October 10, 2017, 08:55:07 PM
I always think of JD when I see ads for this 1/48 DKM U-boat Type VIIC U-552. It's on sale for $495 US. And may require an addition to the house.  O0

http://www.historicaviation.com/DKM-U-boat-Type-VIIC-U-552-1_48-Kit/productinfo/101944/

WOW! 55" long!  :o
How do I sneak that into the house without getting killed by my wife......  :P

Tell her it's a gift for her  :-"
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Nefaro

Don't be mad at me, but some of those British cold war jets were pretty ugly.

So ugly they had their own unique... charm.  <:-)

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Nefaro on February 13, 2018, 04:18:34 PM
Don't be mad at me, but some of those British cold war jets were pretty ugly.

So ugly they had their own unique... charm.  <:-)
I do hope you're not referring to the Vulcan!!

That thing had the maneuverability of a fighter!
Alba gu' brath

bob48

Absolutely, JD. Maybe the Valiant was not the best looking thing, but the Vulcan is superb. Having seen it in flight on several occasions I can definitely say that its an awesome looking aircraft.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

Ditto. Vulcan's roaring just over the treetops in Goose Bay, Labrador was an awe inspiring and beautiful sight.  :bd:
And LOUD!

bob48

Oh yeah, very loud. And almost as much emissions as a VW!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JudgeDredd

So I started working on this again. Unfortunately, the nose weight came loose and so I had to stick a load of UPVC down the cockpit through to the nose.

Anyway - that's drying (so far, 12 hours and still drying) so all I've managed to do is the undercarriage.

I'm moving on to my Starship Enterprise (Original Series) my daughter got me (a while ago!)
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Wings are on - and there's some filling to be done!! There's not been a single join on this aircraft that hasn't required filling  :knuppel2:

Alba gu' brath