2017 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, March 06, 2017, 01:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Moo U showed us that if you work at it hard enough you can blow any game.
:wow:

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on November 18, 2017, 11:35:20 PM
Moo U showed us that if you work at it hard enough you can blow any game.
:wow:

State always loses to Wake when they shouldn't.

SirAndrewD

Aaah, the joy of a relevant Iron Bowl. 

I'm going to be decked in my orange and blue and wearing my class ring proudly on Saturday. 

Just hope "Bad Gus" from the Clemson and LSU games doesn't show up to coach. 

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

MetalDog

Just had some of my War Eagle friends over tonight.  Not sure how they felt, but, I got a feeling Jalen Hurts is going to do a Nik Marshall on Auburn.  Can't wait to see it all play out!  Roll Tide
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

If someone had told me -- heck, even just two months ago -- that the Vikings-Rams game would have major playoff implications, I would've laughed myself insensate and assumed that person had gone completely daft.  Never thought we'd be here. 

Of course, I still can't bring to myself to actually believe yet.  I feel like the Vikes are Lucy with the football, and I'm Charlie Brown... 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

OJsDad

UCLA fired Mora last night.  He had gone 46-30 in six seasons. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: OJsDad on November 20, 2017, 08:01:21 AM

yes but he was also below .500 for the past 3 seasons, including losses to Southern Cal the past 3 years

I think they're trying to get a head start in the Chip Kelly sweepstakes

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

That's terrible!  RIP Terry.  Prayers for his family and those who loved him.

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 20, 2017, 09:42:54 AM
Quote from: OJsDad on November 20, 2017, 08:01:21 AM

yes but he was also below .500 for the past 3 seasons, including losses to Southern Cal the past 3 years

I think they're trying to get a head start in the Chip Kelly sweepstakes

That's the speculation I heard, too.  I also heard that six folks from Florida, including the AD, had Chip in a hotel room in New Hampshire and didn't come home with him.  Maybe the SEC is too much for him?