Xenoblade Chronicles X - RPG of the Year!

Started by Grimnirsson, December 22, 2015, 06:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I'm finally starting to get the hang of the combat system and controls I think. Had a fun two hour session with the game this afternoon. Good times.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grimnirsson

Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Hiimori

I'm playing the game with the Pro Controller (with the Wii U game pad standing next to me on the table for easy navigation and fast travel).

At first I played with the Wii U game pad, but I had some problems with the camera, especially during combat situations. When I switched to the Pro Controller, it played just fine (without changing any adjustments and settings). I don't have any problems with the Wii U game pad in other games, like Monster Hunter Ultimate, but in this game, the Pro Controller definitely works better for me.

I'm level 13 by now and just switched to the Commando sub class "Partisan Eagle" with a cool sniper rifle and a javelin.

www.homefrontcenter.de

Grimnirsson

Some more photos I took from my last trips which show the great landscape  :)

www.homefrontcenter.de

Hiimori

I reached the second continent now (I'm lv 15). Since I failed to reach the Noctilum passage by foot, I simply swam there.  :coolsmiley: It took me some time, but was a safe and easy route.

And whenever I think I finally understood the game and all it's different layers and mechanics... I discover a new layer. Today, it was weapons and armor crafting.

I'm also still unsure about my party. Is it useful to stick to the same group of NPCs, or to switch between them regularly? If I keep the same people around me, our harmony levels rise, offering harmony quests, and I can shape their abilities and equipment to my liking. I just discovered that Irina has several healing abilities, but she is quite weak when she joins the team.

How do you handle your team mates?

Still so much to discover!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Grimnirsson

So far I do switch them from mission to mission, sometimes one comes across a possible team member from the story in the city and I do like to hire other players avatars, because I like to see how they fight and react in the different combat situations. That may give me some ideas how to handle my own party  :)

www.homefrontcenter.de

Hiimori

I finally managed to reach the continent Oblivia - here a motivational picture of me and an indigenous creature (the one in the back; I'm the good-looking hero in the front)  8)

www.homefrontcenter.de

Bison

Xenoblade looks pretty awesome.  Trying to decide between Xenoblade, ZombieU, and Monster Hunter 3. 

Grimnirsson

All very different, depends on what you want to play. All three are hardcore in their own way. All three are great.

www.homefrontcenter.de

Bison

I know and that's the dilemma!  I'm leaning more towards Xenoblade, but the others certainly have their appeal. 

Grimnirsson

Follow your instinct, XBCX is a blast to play 8)

www.homefrontcenter.de

Bison

Grimnirsson

Metacritic score is a solid 84 and that based on 83 reviews...yeah, epic it is  O0

www.homefrontcenter.de

Bison

I'll be starting up my Xenoblade game tonight.  So if it really is 100s of hours, I should be complete by next Christmas.

Grimnirsson

www.homefrontcenter.de