10 Crowns-New Soren Johnson Game

Started by bbmike, February 10, 2018, 11:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

solops

YES! This may finally be the Civ5 I always wanted! Keep us updated on this, please.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DennisS

I REALLY like Offworld Trading Company, and the expansions just make it better and better. Looking forward to this one.

Fabiannut

It is a very good game. I watched it live it was really fun.

solops

Tell me more about Offworld Trading Company (OTC). I have great hopes for 10 Crowns. Civ 5 was one of the worst games I've ever wasted money on. I poured money into the expansions hoping for better, but alas, no. Civ6 was only marginally better. When I Civ it is Civ4. This new game almost has to be better than C5.
OTC was good?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Father Ted

Quote from: solops on February 12, 2018, 09:23:20 AM
Tell me more about Offworld Trading Company (OTC). I have great hopes for 10 Crowns. Civ 5 was one of the worst games I've ever wasted money on. I poured money into the expansions hoping for better, but alas, no. Civ6 was only marginally better. When I Civ it is Civ4. This new game almost has to be better than C5.
OTC was good?

First off, I think OTC and 10 Crowns are different genres, so the former being good doesn't mean the latter will be also.  I've played OTC a bit and would say it's a fun little game.  It's dressed up as a financial simulator, but you'll be clicking like it's an RTS.  One of the good aspects of it is that the "battles" are short and sweet - sort of like a game of Monopoly which lasts 15mins.

Greybriar

I am also curious as to how good a game 10 Crowns turns out to be. I didn't care much for Offworld Trading Company and hope Father Ted is correct. 10 Crowns already has a publisher, and I am hoping that's a good sign.

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.