Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Wargaming / Re: Building a pit
« Last post by Killjoy12 on Today at 10:16:15 PM »
I had the same issue with my TrackIR Pro clip, so I picked up a LukeClip.   I have been quite happy with it.   https://www.facebook.com/lukeclip/ 

My TrackIR Pro clip broke, again. Was looking at getting a Delanclip as a replacement for the flimsy pro clip that I've broken multiple times now and came across the Delanclip Fusion, a wireless tracking clip. Anyone have one these? I've seen the normal Delanclip is highly recommended as a TrackIR Pro clip replacement but I'm always down for cutting out wires if possible.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Building a pit
« Last post by Kushan on Today at 09:57:49 PM »
Little off topic but didn't feel like starting a new thread.

My TrackIR Pro clip broke, again. Was looking at getting a Delanclip as a replacement for the flimsy pro clip that I've broken multiple times now and came across the Delanclip Fusion, a wireless tracking clip. Anyone have one these? I've seen the normal Delanclip is highly recommended as a TrackIR Pro clip replacement but I'm always down for cutting out wires if possible.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Share your videos!
« Last post by Hofstadter on Today at 09:37:18 PM »
MILF

Enigmas of the Mystical / Re: More Headline News From Maine
« Last post by Sir Slash on Today at 09:16:23 PM »
I too miss the Mirthman. What you can't see in the photo is the little Ice Hampsters running around in a circle to power it. Wearing Uggs of course to keep warm.
Enigmas of the Mystical / Re: More Pix For A Laugh
« Last post by Sir Slash on Today at 09:13:10 PM »
"To Serve Serling".  ;)
Digital Gaming AARs / Re: Why do people do AARs?
« Last post by Sir Slash on Today at 09:11:07 PM »
I would do one to try to make people think I am really smart. And good at the game, not telling them I lost the same battle 5 times already.
General Discussion / Re: WANT!
« Last post by Sir Slash on Today at 09:07:14 PM »
Are you sure they're not trying to kill the gnomes too?   :coolsmiley:
Forum-Based Games / Re: Early Provincial Era GROGPUBLIC game thread
« Last post by ArizonaTank on Today at 08:48:31 PM »

AzTank didnít give me any instructions on what to do for his round, so Iíll pause here since one of his senators does have a decent chance at Persuading the new family Senator if he wants him...

I will attempt to persuade...do what I have to do to max my chance.
Digital Gaming AARs / Why do people do AARs?
« Last post by airboy on Today at 08:00:49 PM »
Beyond the fame, glory, babes and ducats that come from doing an AAR, why do people do them?

If you have never done an AAR it takes a lot of time and work.  You have to:
a] Play the game
b] Make screen shots
c] Annotate the screen shots (if you care to have your readers understand your work)
d] Write up what is happening.

It takes me about 6x times longer to write up an AAR as it did to play.  This is a minimum amount - it is probably more like 10x.

I'm leaving out video AARs which I find to be almost 100% horrible.  People don't write a script, they ramble a lot, and they have no structure.  I taught outreach marketing classes on video for 30 years and I spent 6 hours outside the class for every one hour in the studio - minimum.  I wrote detailed scrips, had my background material ready to roll, etc....  The quality level of most video AARs is so horrible that I find them unwatchable.  One of the very few exceptions is the work by Seth Skorkowsky who is not really doing AARs but is doing reviews.  But he does do some "how to" stuff on running RPGs that is also really good.

While you are doing this you could be doing something else - like playing another game.

For those of you who do AARs I'm interested in why you do them.  You can PM me, or I could PM everyone who did a decent AAR and bug them.

[Sorry you can make the researcher retire but you can't make them stop wondering why things happen the way they do].
I got an email dev update from Rebecca that was signed the lead designer Fred. I hate to say it but I suspect hey are all Indian developers. So why hide the true names? Are they afraid we will think they are scammers?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10