Durandal

Started by Mr. Bigglesworth, July 18, 2015, 02:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Bigglesworth

Roland's sword was, in legend, the sharpest ever created. It fought the Saracens.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

MetalDog

Ok.  Was there something you wanted to add to that? 
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Mr. Bigglesworth

The news on ISIS made me think of it. I left the post like that expecting others would make the same connection . Time for the knights to return. I looked around at images of Paladins and knights. Finally decided the sword in the wall was the best image. Basically the idea that ending evil is a just mission has been floating in my head. Clear enough?

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MIGMaster

I hear Durandal and I immediately have flashbacks of dropping those anti-runway bombs in various flight sims - I may have have virtual PTSD from some of the crazy missions I've flown  ;)

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: MIGMaster on July 18, 2015, 10:20:09 PM
I hear Durandal and I immediately have flashbacks of dropping those anti-runway bombs in various flight sims - I may have have virtual PTSD from some of the crazy missions I've flown  ;)

I used to think of the same. In Falcon I would put a few down the runway then drop some through the roofs of the jet hangers by the runway. If you go all that way, might as well say hi to their jets.  >:D

Mr. Bigglesworth

A couple of quotes that got me thinking along these lines:

According to the November 9 Washington Post, a few hours before he opened fire, Major Hasan said to a neighbor, "I'm going to do good work for God." The Establishment, which continues to pretend the state (or Globalist super-state) has a monopoly on primary loyalty, predictably proclaimed the shootings the actions of "a madman." That is what old and passing orders always say about the first avatars of the coming order (or disorder). It's how the old order whistles past the graveyard – its own graveyard. The cultural Marxists, leaping to the defense of "diversity," their favorite poison for Western societies, claim Major Hasan's massacre of his fellow soldiers does not represent Islam. Sorry, but it represents Islam all too well. Islam does not recognize any separation between church and state. States have no legitimacy in Islam; legitimacy adheres only to the Ummah, the community of all believers. The only legitimate law is Sharia. All Muslims are commanded to wage jihad against all non-Islamics. Loyalty to Islam must be the believer's primary loyalty. Nightwatch for 5 November writes: Two years ago, a devout Pakistani cabdriver told Nightwatch that if Allah called him or any devout Muslim to go on jihad and to kill his family and even the riders in his cab, he must do it immediately. He made that statement calmly as a matter of fact, while driving north on US 1. This was not the statement of an insane man, but of an educated man with a degree in engineering who was making ends meet; a devoted family man and a good cab driver. There are of course peaceful Islamics; peace be upon them. But peaceful Islamics are also lax Islamics. The ongoing Islamic revival is converting more and more Muslims, especially young men, to its purer version of Islam. That is happening everywhere, including among Islamics in Europe and America. As Islamic Puritanism spreads, violence will spread with it.

Lind, William S. (2014-10-26). On War: The Collected Columns of William S. Lind 2003-2009 (Kindle Locations 10078-10092). Castalia House. Kindle Edition.

THE AREAS ISLAM had conquered or where it held sway over tribute-paying non-Muslims were conceived as a single political unit: dar al-Islam, the "House of Islam," or the realm of peace. It would be governed by the caliphate, an institution defined by rightful succession to the earthly political authority that the Prophet had exercised. The lands beyond were dar al-harb, the realm of war; Islam's mission was to incorporate these regions into its own world order and thereby bring universal peace: The dar al-Islam, in theory, was in a state of war with the dar al-harb, because the ultimate objective of Islam was the whole world. If the dar al-harb were reduced by Islam, the public order of Pax Islamica would supersede all others, and non-Muslim communities would either become part of the Islamic community or submit to its sovereignty as tolerated religious communities or as autonomous entities possessing treaty relations with it. The strategy to bring about this universal system would be named jihad, an obligation binding on believers to expand their faith through struggle. "Jihad" encompassed warfare, but it was not limited to a military strategy; the term also included other means of exerting one's full power to redeem and spread the message of Islam, such as spiritual striving or great deeds glorifying the religion's principles. Depending on the circumstances— and in various eras and regions, the relative emphasis has differed widely— the believer might fulfill jihad "by his heart; his tongue; his hands; or by the sword."

Kissinger, Henry (2014-09-09). World Order (pp. 101-102). Penguin Group US. Kindle Edition.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Move the thread to R&P if the explanation is a sensitive topic. Please , thank you as required.

Centurion40

I get where you are going about Islam & Saracens, but don't all religions & political philosophies pronounce that the world would be better-off it it followed <insert religion/political philosophy here>?

Sure, there is the concept of jihad, which could be considered somewhat similar to communist revolution, in the global totality of its ambition.

Methinks a reformation could adjust that.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Yes. They would be fall less sinister if they adopted moderation. Will it happen? Not unless they are losing territory. If they are winning Europe they would be crazy to stop.

Staggerwing

I was under the impression that the term 'Jihad' = 'Struggle', in the 'Mein Kampf' sense.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Centurion40

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on July 29, 2015, 02:53:06 PM
Yes. They would be fall less sinister if they adopted moderation. Will it happen? Not unless they are losing territory. If they are winning Europe they would be crazy to stop.

The wave of refugees (escaping radical Islam inspired war & terror in the Middle East & North Africa) hitting Europe right now is striking.  On the one hand, there could be great hope that these refugees could adapt to life in Europe, melting in with local culture and a more moderate Islam could evolve.

But past experience seems to tell us that this will only apply to professional-level immigrants (a minority from these areas), who would be able to enter Europe as regular immigrants- not refugees.  The working class (for lack of a better way to describe them) will probably ghetto-ize and demand that the local culture bow to their old traditions, setting up larger problematic areas of unemployment & crime.
Any time is a good time for pie.

bob48

^Agreed. We can see that happening now is some area's. At some point, we will reap the rewards of our foolishness.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!