Endless Space 2 Fans...

Started by Ian C, July 12, 2018, 03:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian C

Downloadable comics.

https://wiki.endless-space.com/comics

Also there's DLC you can claim by joining the site.

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Ian C

The more I get into this game the more I discover. It really is one of the best-designed games I've seen.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Ian C on July 12, 2018, 06:56:24 AM
The more I get into this game the more I discover. It really is one of the best-designed games I've seen.

But I think the AI cheats. It just always blows me away. I started a new game last night and literally within two or three turns I was nearly in last place in the empire ratings. They always expand faster, further and accomplish objectives long before I can really even try. They blow me away in technology, man power and fleets. There is nothing else I can do. I've tried everything.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

The game is a wonder. It is so huge and packed with info that I am too star struck to notice how bad I am getting my ass kicked by the AI.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

I started playing a game last night after picking this up on Fanatical.

I've had issues "getting into" the Endless games but I got hooked yesterday to the point of having to pull myself away to get some sleep.

Is the game mod-friendly? If the AI cheats like some are saying be smoothed out a bit?

I guess the issue I see in the time I put in is the AI can do everything as efficiently as possible. For example I colonized a new system fairly early but I had a quest that I needed to upgrade my garrison strength to 800. I didn't realize that once your outpost becomes a colony it slashed your garrison strength so now I'm way behind on that quest.

Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jamus34 on July 12, 2018, 08:26:05 AM
I started playing a game last night after picking this up on Fanatical.

I've had issues "getting into" the Endless games but I got hooked yesterday to the point of having to pull myself away to get some sleep.

Is the game mod-friendly? If the AI cheats like some are saying be smoothed out a bit?

I guess the issue I see in the time I put in is the AI can do everything as efficiently as possible. For example I colonized a new system fairly early but I had a quest that I needed to upgrade my garrison strength to 800. I didn't realize that once your outpost becomes a colony it slashed your garrison strength so now I'm way behind on that quest.

Yeah. I have the same issue. I've never come close really to having 800+ manpower. Just last night, I saw a rival empire reached 3,000 MP!? How the heck did they pull that off? Another empire around the same time was the first to colonize 8 worlds...really? How?

No matter where I prioritize my research, development and expansion, I am always behind. It sometimes takes awhile to even realize how unbalanced things are because it sometimes takes a long time to make contact with a rival empire and then sometimes its even longer before there is a confrontation. I had the same issue with Endless Space 1. Eventually, I just gave up...it didn't matter how slick and cool the game was.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

What difficulty level are you using?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on July 12, 2018, 09:10:15 AM
What difficulty level are you using?

I'm not sure. The only difficulty option I've seen in the new game set-up is for pirates. Is there something else I'm missing? The UI and layout of the game's windows is so unique that important things are easy to miss.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

I only played it for maybe 4-5 hours and was desperately looking for a difficulty slider - still hoping there is one for when I go back to the game.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

The AI might cheat but then it might not. From what I gather each race has different traits and tech aptitudes, powers etc and it does give some a head start.
I'm playing a 600-turn game as the human empire guys and in mid-game onward I've been at third or fourth place. This isn't an easy game but there are strategies within strategies and from what I've seen so far, I've barely mastered any but I'm learning and it's great fun. I like the scope and pace.

Ian C

Quote from: Gusington on July 12, 2018, 09:36:12 AM
I only played it for maybe 4-5 hours and was desperately looking for a difficulty slider - still hoping there is one for when I go back to the game.

Jarhead0331

^Yeah...that's pretty hidden. Not!  :2funny:

I'm probably playing on normal. I'll double check. I always hate moving difficulty down to easy, but it might be necessary with this one.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

oops. Somebody already posted a screenshot.
P.S. Ian C what resolution is that screenshot. Mine must be huge as they always get shown so small as to be useless.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

Thanks Ian! I should probably start my next campaign on easy too, for learning purposes.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd