Battletech is back!!!

Started by Shelldrake, May 12, 2017, 06:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinetree

Got my key as well, I'm using GOG so will download on Thursday my time.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Yskonyn

My key is locked and loaded as well!
:D
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

DennisS

Game purchased. Check.

Research done. Check.

Several Battletech books ordered from Amazon Prime. Check.

Approximately 20 hours of Youtube and Twitch streams watched. Check.

Hazy ideas on how to construct my Mechs ... Check. WIP.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Pinetree on April 22, 2018, 06:49:13 AM

Why Thursday? It comes out on Tuesday...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^I pre-ordered from Fanatical as well...nothing yet for me either, don't worry.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DennisS

Pre-load starts 9 AM PST tomorrow (Monday). Game unlocked 9 AM PST, on Tuesday.

Pinetree

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 22, 2018, 09:17:37 AM
Quote from: Pinetree on April 22, 2018, 06:49:13 AM

Why Thursday? It comes out on Tuesday...
Which is Wednesday down here, and Wednesday is Anzac Day so going to be busy doing other things.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

acctingman

Really looking forward to what you all think about this game. I like the reviews here more than any where else on the net  O0

SirAndrewD

My loins are so moist that they've started to be colonized by pirates and kraken. 

I'm actually trying to curb my enthusiasm a bit.  I've heard that the game has some balance and teething issues from pre-release versions, especially in regards to heat buildup with energy weapons.  They seem to be working overtime to get it right for release. 

Till then I'll be over here polishing my Neurohelmet.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

DennisS

Quote from: SirAndrewD on April 22, 2018, 06:54:16 PM
My loins are so moist that they've started to be colonized by pirates and kraken. 

I'm actually trying to curb my enthusiasm a bit.  I've heard that the game has some balance and teething issues from pre-release versions, especially in regards to heat buildup with energy weapons.  They seem to be working overtime to get it right for release. 

Till then I'll be over here polishing my Neurohelmet.

One lets player specifically took his beam firing mechs back into the mech lab to increase the number of heat sinks, and to remove one medium laser.

I think that the developer DOES have it right. You can't expect to alpha-strike with four medium lasers every turn, unless you were up to your ass in water.

SirAndrewD

I look forward to trying out myself. 

I would hope you weren't Alpha Striking with a lot of beams, that's what Autocannons are for.  I just also hope you can effectively use large lasers and PPC's, I've read some grousing complaining that you can't on the latest build.

I'm not going to read to much into it.   The product as it stands on Tuesday is what I'm going to judge it on.  I trust Harebrained to get it correct, dudes know what they're doing with this licence, obviously.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

CptHowdy

have they changed anything such as damage and heat build up from the tabletop version? I was watching TTB play on youtube and he said this is how the PPC should hit(percent to hit and range) and do actual damage(50 damage in BT version) unlike the MWO version of the PPC which is garbage. Im thinking a lot of the complaints are going to be people comparing MWO to this battletech game.
What is using a weapon effectively? those weapons(large lasers and PPC) are long range and need line of sight. Most of the maps ive seen are not wide open prairies but have plenty of cover such as hills and mountains and buildings!

SirAndrewD

From what I've seen this is closer to the tabletop, which makes me happy.  Not surprising either, it's Wiesman after all. 

I've only done limited dives into the Youtube arena to watch early play throughs.  I don't want to taint my first experience with it. 

I did get my steam key through the kickstarter backerkit this weekend.  This puppy is ready for preload. 

CptHowdy

Quote from: SirAndrewD on April 22, 2018, 10:56:45 PM
From what I've seen this is closer to the tabletop, which makes me happy.  Not surprising either, it's Wiesman after all. 

I've only done limited dives into the Youtube arena to watch early play throughs.  I don't want to taint my first experience with it. 

I did get my steam key through the kickstarter backerkit this weekend.  This puppy is ready for preload.
as
ive only watched 2 people on youtube play. I have not watched the opening cinematic. saving that for when i get to fire it up!! think this one is game of the year material!

Jarhead0331

LoL. Game of the year material before it's even out and anybody has played it? You may ultimately be right, but that there is what I call being on the hype train!  :crazy2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18