DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Started by Greybriar, November 13, 2017, 02:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greybriar

Has anyone else been getting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error? I hadn't had any problem with my Windows 10 PC since I purchased it last year. Then last week I got the first Watchdog error. My PC wouldn't start and there was no error message the first time. Then I tried to reboot the system and set the BIOS to default which got me the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error message. I was also advised to go to https://www.windows.com/stopcode . A couple of times I got a screen advising me something about the problem being analyzed (I never wrote it down, so those probably aren't the exact words), but the timer never left 0, so after about half an hour I rebooted.

The PC is more stable now but it's still not exactly right--the opening screens are at a higher resolution than they should be, there is no opening sound when Windows starts, and when I exit World of Tanks I get a blank gray screen that disappears after I start Task Manager.

Any thoughts? :-\
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.