Origins 2018 ~ June 13-17 (Columbus OH)

Started by bayonetbrant, June 21, 2017, 07:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

No problem, but this has been public knowledge for the better part of a week.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

I didn't know anything about until it was posted here.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

It's a long story and there are undoubtedly details to come.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Whatever happened at Origins to Katie, she did report it to GAMA and she was not the first person to talk about it on social media. She responded after others talked about it. I know because I follow Katie and a lot of other people/groups who were at Origins.

OJsDad

Thanks. I didnt think I was interpreting what I was reading, correctly. Thus my original question.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MikeGER

Idea: Grogheads cant stand aside any longer and so could plan a female site sub division   
it will be visible only for registered members and male member have to apply for write access  ?

bayonetbrant

dude...   :pullhair:   :-\   :idiot2:    L:-)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MikeGER

:-"

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

trailrunner

bayonetbrant

C:-)  C:-)  C:-)
MOD HAT ON

Mike - I tried to gently nudge you to clean it up, but now I'm in mod mode.  Please remove the graphic and references to it.  If one of the mod team does it, there's a vacation attached.

This sort of behavior is not funny and is exactly the sort of bullshit that women in wargaming deal with and shouldn't have to

We'll circle back around to this at 1600 GMT to check

<:-) <:-) <:-)
PARTY HAT BACK ON
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

1] I'm glad they reported it.  Was it off-venue or on-venue?  I'm asking because most of the close by brew-pubs had company events.

2] If there were one or two incidents out of 18,000 attendees there is not a widespread problem.  Specific reports should be investigated and acted upon if warranted, but again 18,000 attendees over 5 days something will happen.  At a major college football game with 100,000 attending there will be fights, drug arrests, DUIs and other things from that many people.

MikeGER

if a women get verbally harassed on a fair, or elsewhere in public with people around she should immediately slap that guy into the face with clear audible strength. like a lady does!
if the now humiliated and surly surprised pig dares to start a ruckus and the police had to show up, when he confessed his words they file a charge against him in addition.
(astriction: the woman does has to have the looks that incident was at least plausible to the cops when the guy claims 'that crazy bitch suddenly assaulted me') 

if a women get physical harassed on a fair, she should call the cops immediately.

but please don't wait a few years in silence and then suddenly start bloggin about it or cry out in social media....its so pathetic #meetoo #meetoo the latest thing

i know what i am talkin about
My EO worked as 1Class flight attendance and later some similar service jobs in her early years to finance her studies ...you can imagine the rest. 
That was her immediate reaction (internal Lufthansa training policy too), it worked extremely well and was supported by the pilot in charge or restaurant Patrons

trailrunner

Quote from: MikeGER on June 23, 2018, 11:09:00 AM
if a women get verbally harassed on a fair, or elsewhere in public with people around she should immediately slap that guy into the face with clear audible strength.

No.

Quote from: MikeGER on June 23, 2018, 11:09:00 AM
(astriction: the woman does has to have the looks that incident was at least plausible to the cops when the guy claims 'that crazy bitch suddenly assaulted me') 

No.

bayonetbrant