bob48

^....neither is 'geek............
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

Quote from: bob48 on January 20, 2016, 03:41:49 PM
^....neither is 'geek............

Heh. I just realized that he was looking at the chart. My mind was elsewhere when I responded to his post.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

undercovergeek

fkng useless!!  :D

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

Almost as big as a Chinese Coast Guard cutter.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

besilarius

The Tillman Battleship boondoggle.
These "maximum" BBs were derailed by the Washington Treaty.
http://myplace.frontier.com/~wellsbrothers/Battleships/TillmanBB.html
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Staggerwing

Interesting article. The Tillmans sound like the battleship equivalent of the Neubaufahrzeuge panzers or the Soviet T-35, both dead-end designs.

Those 6-gun turrets would have been spectacular to see, even a full broadside would have probably been out of the question for structural integrity reasons.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Steelgrave

Quote from: mirth on January 20, 2016, 07:11:19 PM

"We are the Borg. Prepare to be assimilated. Resistance is futile".

mirth

Remember, the Captain's name is James Kirk. I can just imagine the bridge chatter, "Captain, thair be whales here!".

Steelgrave

Quote from: mirth on January 23, 2016, 12:20:46 PM
Remember, the Captain's name is James Kirk. I can just imagine the bridge chatter, "Captain, thair be whales here!".

I had forgotten that! Sooooo many bad Trek lines to be made here!

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

mirth

QuoteUSS Missouri fires a salvo of 16-inch shells from turret 2 while bombarding Chongjin, North Korea, in an effort to cut enemy communications, October 1950.

mirth

mirth

Slava class cruiser in dry dock