Decades Feeder Bracket - Wild Card 70's Week 1 Round of 16

Started by MetalDog, January 15, 2018, 11:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

First off, let me apologize.  Twice.  I promised four Brackets on Sunday and only posted two.  And now it's coming up against the deadline to make it on Monday.  Fear not!  I have overcome!  Below is the first installment and I think I did pretty well.  But that's for you to decide.  Again, I apologize for the lateness of this Bracket, but, I hope you enjoy.  And as always, thank you so much for voting along with me.  :)

Bookkeeping note

Because this won't post until shortly before midnight where I am, the Round of 16 will be decided by whatever votes are in by Wednesday night around suppertime.  I have no way to fine tune when these polls close (ok, so I'm too lazy to look and see if I can ;) ) and I am not staying up until midnight three of the next six nights just to update these things.  So look for the Final 8 on Wednesday early evening.

The 1/16

The 8/9

The 5/12

The 4/13

The 6/11

The 3/14

The 7/10

The 2/15

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

That's almost a better bracket than any of the other 70s.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

And here I thought that was my weakest Bracket of the four.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Steelgrave

Holy Crap, I find myself agreeing with Brant. That's....disturbing   8)  Great bracket, Dawg. And I'm the goof who didn't cast a vote in the 2/15. Simply got ahead of myself.

mirth

Quote from: Steelgrave on January 16, 2018, 09:36:25 AM
Holy Crap, I find myself agreeing with Brant. That's....disturbing   8)

You may need a break from the forums. Combined with heavy drinking to make you forget.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Steelgrave

So....pretty much same ol' same ol' then? It seems a reasonable approach to life's problems. 

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

trailrunner

Glad to see Brandy on the list.  Naw, I don't think it's that great of a song, but it brings back some early 70s nostalgia.

And glad to see Boz Scaggs on there.  I liked that album.