DCS A-10c Steam version

Started by Rayfer, November 09, 2017, 02:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Configured my joystick and tried to save it as a 'profile'...but it gives no indication of where to save to? Anyone know how/where to do this in the Steam version of the game? Thanks

Pete Dero

As far as I know you can save it anywhere you like.  I use the config folder because it is easy to find it later.

The game remembers all changes you made to your configuration.

The save as a profile just lets you save your configuration as a sort of backup file.
When you mess up your keybindings your can use that profile to restore to a previous working version.

I think you have 2 profiles you need to save : one for the key bindings and one for the joystick (name.key.diff.lua and name.diff.lua)

Nefaro

The keybinding saves in DCS is screwy and unintuitive.

I'll try to explain how to do it, because it's usually not just one step.

The save file only saves the keybinds in one vertical column.  So you will need to save a file for each vertical column, in the bindings screen, as a different save.  Each vertical column is one piece of peripheral hardware.

In order to save each column you must click one of the entry boxes in that column (doesn't matter if it has a bind or not) and then click the "Save As.." at the bottom.  Then click on the next column and repeat, with an appropriately different name of course.

For example:

I have three extra pieces of hardware I need to save, aside from my mouse and TrackIR (which is detected automatically so no need to save).  Looks like this in the keybinds:

Fighterstick   |   Throttle   |   Rudder Pedals |          >mouse etc further right>>
        x           |                   |                          |
                     |                   |                          |

In this case, I clicked an entry under my 'Fighterstick' column.  If I now choose to save a keybind file, it will only save those buttons I mapped in the 'Fighterstick' column.  Not those under the Throttle or Rudder pedals or any other columns.  So you must do it for each as a separate save file.

The Axis commands for each may need their own save, too, I don't remember.

Sorry for the stupid handmade diagram, but I'm not on my computer that has DCS installed in order to take a screenshot.

Edit: 

If you have a HOTAS which only runs through a single USB, it's possible that both your stick and throttle are only listed in one column.  Just remember to save each column that isn't your mouse or TrackIR after you've mapped stuff.  Because it sucks having to go back and do it all over again if you need to reinstall or something.  Plus the keybind files are currently exchangeable between v1.5 and the v2 beta.