Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on March 15, 2018, 11:07:59 PM

Normandie: very fictitious and totally wonderful (29 knots and 12 13.5-inch guns):

Bretagne: not fictious, but very slow (21 knots)...so realistic you wonder why the RN bothered blowing up two ships of this class a Mers-el-Kabir.

steve58

Get a Free week of Premium. Use code:  204WB 

Just tried the code and it works. <:-).  Forum post says you need to use it (the code? or the premium time?) by May 1.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/153952-free-week-of-prem/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Nefaro

Quote from: steve58 on March 17, 2018, 10:44:28 AM

Just tried the code and it works. <:-).  Forum post says you need to use it (the code? or the premium time?) by May 1.

Cool, thanks!

Will have to use that before May.

steve58

meh, you may not be able to. People on the forums are now saying the code is not working, that it stopped working around 2pm.  On the other hand a poster said it worked an hour ago.  So don't know if they had a limited # of codes or what.  I'd try it sooner rather than later....

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/153952-free-week-of-prem/?page=2
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on March 17, 2018, 04:15:35 PM

Cool, thanks!

Don't you have some premium time being unused on Arena!

DennisS

Quote from: steve58 on March 17, 2018, 04:19:48 PM
meh, you may not be able to. People on the forums are now saying the code is not working, that it stopped working around 2pm.  On the other hand a poster said it worked an hour ago.  So don't know if they had a limited # of codes or what.  I'd try it sooner rather than later....

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/153952-free-week-of-prem/?page=2

2 pm eastern time. I tried shortly after that, couldn't get it to work.

Tuna

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on March 17, 2018, 06:17:54 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 17, 2018, 04:15:35 PM

Cool, thanks!

Don't you have some premium time being unused on Arena!

Yes, that's why I haven't been doing other games lately. 

It's almost a curse.

Shelldrake

Hmmm....code didn't work for me. :(
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

steve58

Yeah, its dead.  Guess I was i the right place/time to grab it while it still worked.  I think it was supposed to be an enticement for WoWP players...to get them back into the game.  Someone posted the code in the forums and since premium time is shared across WoWP, WoT, and WoWS that was that.  Either there were a limited number of codes or WG just pulled the plug when too many people used the code.

MengJiao

Konigsberg:

Fine guns and great torpedoes!

DennisS

Quote from: MengJiao on March 19, 2018, 07:34:38 PM

Konigsberg:

I like the Konigsberg a lot. I like the Kirov even better, at tier V. The Russian cruiser line, after the Kirov gets SMALLER guns. I was amazed at how much damage the Kirov can do vs. equivalent targets.

MengJiao

Quote from: DennisS on March 19, 2018, 09:04:33 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on March 19, 2018, 07:34:38 PM

Konigsberg:

I like the Konigsberg a lot. I like the Kirov even better, at tier V. The Russian cruiser line, after the Kirov gets SMALLER guns. I was amazed at how much damage the Kirov can do vs. equivalent targets.

I don't know much about the Russian cruisers.  The 5.9-inch guns on the Konigsberg are pretty lethal, as are similar guns on the Leander and La Glassoniere as are the 5.5s on the Aigle and Kuma.

Nefaro

The Russian cruisers have great guns, and they start getting lots of them in the mid tiers.

They also part like butter to incoming AP.  You gotta be extremely careful not to take AP hits from anywhere other than almost bow-on at mid-to-high tiers.  Even then you'll get citadel'd or full-pen'd by the big guys regularly.

MengJiao

Apparently fictious, but well done and a real killer, the Myogi: