Main Menu

F R I D A Y

Started by JudgeDredd, August 31, 2018, 02:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dammit Carl!

Honey-Do's are #1 on my list for weekend activity, but when not busy with them, I'm going to play with the bevvy of survival-horror games I've collected over the past few years; 7 Days to Die being the most recent (as of yesterday).  Got my eye on Scum and Mist Survival too and knowing my weak will, I'll probably cave on getting one of these two soon.

Sad thing is, when looking at the games that I've got of this genre, there are danged few still in operation:  Just Survive is kaput come this October, Infestation appears to have kicked the bucket sometime in '17 as well as Romero's Aftermath which passed onto the great unknown in '16.  Miscreated and the old stalwart, DayZ seem to be hanging on, but I wonder by how much and for how long?

bbmike

Starting a week's vacation at the beach on Saturday! Discovered that a nephew bought Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire so that will get to the tabletop at some point. There's hope for the next generation! I also have Nations: The Dice Game and some various RPG's with me. But mostly it will be sun, sand, and a drink in my hand!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

DoctorQuest

First weekend of college football and my local team is on broadcast TV so I'll be watching that game Saturday night. Will most likely cook out Saturday afternoon. Need to work on cleaning the garage Saturday morning.

Trying to keep Sunday and Monday quiet. May get some stick time in my SF2: Israel campaign or go hunting in Cold Waters.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

bbmike

^Went to my team's opener last night (West Florida). It was so much fun, glad college football is back.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JasonPratt

Long weekend, not much family this Labor Day, soooo...!

Keeping an eye on the Crisis Grogs mp of Falling Sky, to see if I can pull out a win this weekend (and/or prevent someone else from doing so).

(Relatedly, I'm probably not going to start the next round of the Strategic Command Grogfest mp tournament until next week, but I might start this weekend anyway.)

The Grogpublic of Rome game won't start until after the FS game finishes, since most of the players will migrate over from there (or that was the plan originally) We'll still have four or five slots open for other Grogs to join when the time comes (not this weekend surely), so anyone interested can catch up on information about the game and how I'm planning to run it on asynch here at this thread. The game system is quite unique, and should be reasonably easy to time-manage as long as one person sacrifices himself to be the umpire (me ;) ) rather than 'play' a spot.

Relatedly, I expect I'll keep plugging at testing the release of Aggressors: Ancient Rome, although I'd rather wait until the random-map generator has been fixed. But maybe that will have happened this weekend.

Fiddling with it last night made me want to check in on how Genesia Legacy: Ultimate Domain is doing, a turn-based survival 4xer I was very impressed with last year but as usual got distracted with other shiny things (plus it's still in beta).

Plugging along on a campaign of Space Hulk: Ascension in anticipation of the next iteration of the game to be released in mid-October. Wish I could edit the marine names, and make a Groghead party for an AAR!

Which sort of reminds me of Modheim, for which I was doing that once upon a time, but which I switched off to play other things back when it was still in late beta.

Also making time Saturday night to team up with some fellow Grogs on Space Hulk: Deathwing 4 Dead ;) . I haven't played the new mega-update (or even loaded it I think) yet, so I'll be very curious whether it's significantly better than I remember. (Last time I played it, there had been several substantial patches already; and my old gfx card simply couldn't run it the first time I bought it, around release time.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 31, 2018, 12:05:57 PM

Also making time Saturday night to team up with some fellow Grogs on Space Hulk: Deathwing 4 Dead ;) . I haven't played the new mega-update (or even loaded it I think) yet, so I'll be very curious whether it's significantly better than I remember. (Last time I played it, there had been several substantial patches already; and my old gfx card simply couldn't run it the first time I bought it, around release time.)

I don't think you will be disappointed. It is noticeably better!  :bd:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rizik6

Warhammer: Gladius and college football.

Jack Nastyface

ARMA III, either KOTH or Escape / Combat Patrol.  I played the hell out of KOTH a while back, and am trying to give it a second chance.  If I don't do ARMA III, I will likely play some FTL...trying to complete all ships / versions on the "hard" campaign setting.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Gusington

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

CHEERIO

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 31, 2018, 07:04:05 AM
The weekend is the great unknown for me again.

Looks like maybe DCS, JT Seven-Years-War, and probably Post Scriptum.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on August 31, 2018, 05:21:11 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 31, 2018, 07:04:05 AM
The weekend is the great unknown for me again.

Looks like maybe DCS, JT Seven-Years-War, and probably Post Scriptum.

Yep...so far:

Toonces

^ Nice pics, IanC!

Cold Waters sounds pretty good.  I have a hankering for something old timey, maybe CK2 or Rome 2...maybe pick up that Rome DLC?

Ooops, I forgot, I bought The Bard's Tale the other day.  I'll probably give that a look, too.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

DoctorQuest

Quote from: bbmike on August 31, 2018, 12:03:56 PM
^Went to my team's opener last night (West Florida). It was so much fun, glad college football is back.  O0

+1
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

JasonPratt

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 31, 2018, 08:25:53 AM
(Well, gosh, what's coming out on the 1st? Maybe I'm just imagining that date...  ??? )

Oh, I remember now! It's Panzer Strategy! -- the ludicrously unimaginative title (much as "Fantasy Wars" was) for what amounts to Fantasy Wars for Panzer General instead of for Fantasy General!

........or words to that effect!  :D :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Nice pics Ian C. I'm playing Decisive Campaigns: Warsaw to Paris one more time-- I won the campaign once and lost once so this will be the 'rubber match'. I'm up to Plan Yellow: France 1940 and not doing too badly. This is probably my favorite wargame scenario of all-- lots of units to push around! Happy Labor Day to Grogs everywhere.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.