Main Menu

F R I D A Y

Started by JudgeDredd, August 31, 2018, 02:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Red Dead Redemption. A guy at work suggested I play the original before I play the new one...so he's lent me his XBox to play it.

Also, perhaps some Steel Divisions which I fired up yesterday and rather enjoyed and a flight or two in XPlane (is it possible to do a loop in a 747? Because I managed it in XPlane - just asking because the general consensus is that it's highly realistic)

F1 2017 to continue my career in anticipation of buying F1 2018 on the inevitable Steam sale - Malaysia next after finishing a disappointing 12th at Singapore - a circuit I dislike intensely and therefore never race - which showed in my performance. I think this is the first time I've got into the second part of the season and definitely the first time I've got to the final 5 races in an F1 game - with the exception of the exceptional Microprose Grand Prix 2 where I did finish a season...the one and only time - and I've had them all!

Enjoy your weekend everyone
Alba gu' brath

Destraex

Steel division
War thunder ships
Total war arena
Perhaps some naval action - which is I think getting closer to release. At the moment it kinda looks like a christmasish release to me.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

The weekend is the great unknown for me again. After playing a lot of Theatre of War and Steel Division, I'm feeling a little WWIIed out. I may switch to Wargame Red Dragon. I've also reinstalled the entire Strike Fighters 2 series and will be applying the great Vietnam and ODS mods. Dunno...just had the urge. Other than that, probably something with lasers, spaceships, aliens and power armor.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

Endless space 2

Hearts of Iron IV (unless my installed mods are once again obsolete by a new update :pullhair:)

W8taminute

JD I think you'll like Red Dead Redemption.  It's not repetitive like a lot of other open world games are and the story is interesting.  I can't wait for the sequel to come out. 

Meanwhile I'll be playing Phantom Doctrine, Heroes & Generals, Grand Kingdom, and maybe some Nino Kuni 2.  It's a long weekend for me so I'll be spending some time doing some cleaning in our basement.  I'm going to try to get started on turning it into my man cave.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 31, 2018, 07:04:05 AM
Other than that, probably something with lasers, spaceships, aliens and power armor.

Space Hulk Tactics releases Sept 1, iirc? I've been messing with Ascension to get in the mood (and to appreciate any improvements. That game gives me a headache due to the visual design.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Barthheart

Well, I did buy TOAW IV so still trying to relearn/grok that.

Need to get back to some racing games so maybe Dirt Rally or F1 2017 - which I haven't even tried since buying it.  :P

Wild Blue Yonder still on the table. The campaigns look really interesting so will start one of those up.

Finishing touches on my garage reno. Last little bit is on the top of a 10 foot ladder... not my favourite place to be....  :(

stolypin

Computer war:  Scourge of War Waterloo
                        Combat Mission - Red Thunder
                        Panzer Campaigns Budapest '45 (Tiller)
Board war:        Night Fighter Ace (Compass)
Computer sim:  Open Rails

Anguille

My plan for the weekend: Oriental Empires and Aggressors: Ancient Rome

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 31, 2018, 07:38:00 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 31, 2018, 07:04:05 AM
Other than that, probably something with lasers, spaceships, aliens and power armor.

Space Hulk Tactics releases Sept 1, iirc? I've been messing with Ascension to get in the mood (and to appreciate any improvements. That game gives me a headache due to the visual design.)

I wish. October 9. Battle Fleet Gothic Armada 2 comes out in September, though...you should start playing the first title to get into the mood. lol
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JasonPratt

(Well, gosh, what's coming out on the 1st? Maybe I'm just imagining that date...  ??? )

I do like GothFleet, but I haven't played it much yet.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 31, 2018, 08:25:53 AM
(Well, gosh, what's coming out on the 1st? Maybe I'm just imagining that date...  ??? )

I do like GothFleet, but I haven't played it much yet.

OUCH! Just read Gothic 2 is delayed to January 2019.  :(
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Ian C

HOI4.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: stolypin on August 31, 2018, 07:51:08 AM

Board war:        Night Fighter Ace (Compass)

Is this out already?  Excellent!  Post impressions.  This one's on my definite maybe list.

GroggyGrognard

Steam just put up a new scenario for Mansions of Madness
2nd Edition
called Altered Fates. It looks inventive so I want to get the gaming gang together to play it this weekend.

Also, I just received the two player game Spirits of the Wild
which my girlfriend & I will try on Sunday.

And for some late night gaming I want to start a TOAW 4 scenario. Not sure which one yet.

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin