Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 14, 2019, 07:49:00 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 14, 2019, 02:08:26 AM
I meant to mention...I've noticed a performance hit since the beta update. Quite a bit of stuttering...anybody else?

Jarhead are you using Bit Defender by any chance?
There seems to have been an update of that app causing USB device to cycle constantly causing stuttering.

Nope, but thanks for the suggestion. I noticed Windows 10 released an update too that was aimed at fixing slow downs. The update installed when I was shutting down last night so I'll check again tonight with the patch applied.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

Was definitely better tonight, but I was doing carrier ops so this could be why I had better FPS...in any event, watching tomcats doing CASE I launches and sliding into the BRC is just fantastic. I'm getting more comfortable flying, but definitely still suffering with the archaic cockpit and analog controls.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

I was very pleasantly surprised with the content available for the cat. There's about a dozen missions  :smitten:

I just love this baby. Tried air to air refuelling last night for a giggle. Got close to the tanker but slowed too much and started to slip away. Increased speed - by far too much and shot on by. I'll have another go sometime.

Now I've flown around for a bit and messed about with trim, I'd like to focus on startup, take off and landing on ground then carrier.

Oh and apparently Jester is there to assist with the startup procedure  O0
Alba gu' brath

JasonPratt

Is that actually "Jester" doing the voice?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Destraex

Lol. No it's not the actor from top gun doing he voice over for jester.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

JasonPratt

Too bad, Michael Ironside does some great voice work!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Destraex

Yeah would have been good. However with Michael Ironsides voice as the RIO I would not have been able to get the feeling out of my head that the Air Craft Carrier CAG was in the back seat. You know when you feel like you are being watched. :)
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Yskonyn

This baby is awesome! Truely a special module for DCS!
A modernish jet (an icon!) but still one that rewards proper stick and rudder neat flying. Handle her like she is your mother and she'll tuck you in nice and snuggly!

And the power in those engines... oh my!
And the squeeks, sighs and shudders of the aircraft when maneuvering is just pure bliss!

Kudos to HB. Fantastic job!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

My favorite part of the F-14 module might just be the walkman.

There are already a bunch of 80s mix tape mods floating around. I've got Kenny Loggins, Cheap Trick, Van Halen, etc. Its pretty awesome.

On a totally unrelated note, I seem to be having trouble communicating with my wingmen in quick missions. I'm pretty sure I have the radio tuned correctly. Channel 1, 124.00Mhz. Not sure what I'm doing wrong....
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 18, 2019, 09:07:06 AM
On a totally unrelated note, I seem to be having trouble communicating with my wingmen in quick missions. I'm pretty sure I have the radio tuned correctly. Channel 1, 124.00Mhz. Not sure what I'm doing wrong....

Is a fully working radio included in this early access release ?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Pete Dero on March 18, 2019, 09:16:10 AM

I'd be shocked if it was released without the ability to communicate with your wingman. It was released essentially feature complete.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 18, 2019, 10:46:28 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on March 18, 2019, 09:16:10 AM

I'd be shocked if it was released without the ability to communicate with your wingman. It was released essentially feature complete.

I don't have the F-14 but maybe this might be usefull :

DCS: F-14A & B » Bugs and Problems » Radio doesn't work  : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=235240&highlight=radio

I uninstalled and then reinstalled the F14B. Now the radio problem has gone away for me. Must have been a bad install the first time.

You sir, you are my hero of the day! I did a Cleanup and a repair, didn't fix it.  Reinstall did, I can finally use the radios as a RIO!

Jarhead0331

^Hmmmm...interesting. Thanks.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mbar

I took the F-14 for a test flight. I like it! I practiced some turns. Using only ailerons and using only rudder. I felt more precise using rudder to bank and turn. I will have to test more.

Huw the Poo

I have an old copy of Black Shark - the first one - lying around that I never got around to playing.  I wanna play it, but all I have in the way of controllers is an ancient old Saitek Cyborg Evo.  Now, this was always fine for flying jets, but how about helis?  Are hardware rudders a necessity, or can I get by without them?  I'd rather not have to buy any more hardware right now (assuming my stick even works).