Field of Glory: Empires

Started by -budd-, November 20, 2018, 10:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I am interested and will try to be as reliable as possible. Where can I find a list of available nations to play as?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

:knuppel2:
Quote from: Gusington on June 02, 2019, 03:09:41 PM
I am interested and will try to be as reliable as possible. Where can I find a list of available nations to play as?

Hi Gus.

The best way to check is to watch a dastactic you tube episode on the campaign game ....you can see all the playable nations in the first episode of his Arverni playthrough .

Let me know and I will pencil you in.

Cheers

Ian
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Tripoli

Quote from: devoncop on June 02, 2019, 02:39:36 PM
Hi guys.

7 days after release I am going to start a MP Campaign of Field of Glory Empires with minimum 8-10 players if anyone is interested.

Minimum of 1 turn every 48 hours but hopefully more.

If any reliable players are interested let me know on the Slitherine Empires forum with your  choice of  starting nation (or on here if you prefer)

I will draw lots if more than one player picks the same.

All the best

Ian

I would be interested.  I am currently involved in a MP beta test game, and it is a blast.  Can't give any more details than that.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

devoncop

It is obvious from the You Tube footage I have seen this will be a phenomenal game in SP and incredible in MP.

I will reserve you a place and let me know what nation you prefer. Any matches will be drawn for and the losing player asked to pick an alternative from nations remaining.

Cheers

Ian

devoncop

Players so far :

Geffalrus : Antigonids

Devoncop : Ptolemaic Egypt

Yaitz331 : Judea

Gusington : Bactrians

Tripoli : Nation To be confirmed

Asti.    : Samnites

Lokki.   : Picts

Jimwinsor : Seleucids

Lecrop.     : Happy to play any nation.

Al_infierno : Carthage

,........This post will be kept updated.

Gusington

Thanks I will take a look at the Das Tactic vid later tonight or tomorrow.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

Quote from: devoncop on June 02, 2019, 01:28:37 AM
Just to get everyone even more frustrated/stoked......on the Steam forum yesterday Pocus, lead developer said release date was between 3 and 7 weeks away !!

Damn...doesn't excite me...I was hoping early June. Man, 7 weeks is a long time. I want to play this so badly. I was a beta tester for Wars of Seccesion so I applied to be one for this when they opened it but never heard back. When they closed it, I thought they were closer. I can't even watch videos or read about it because I just get frustrated not being able to play

Been in a huge gaming drought for 3-4 months now and I'm thinking this one will bring me out.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

devoncop

Quote from: mikeck on June 02, 2019, 08:32:29 PM
Quote from: devoncop on June 02, 2019, 01:28:37 AM
Just to get everyone even more frustrated/stoked......on the Steam forum yesterday Pocus, lead developer said release date was between 3 and 7 weeks away !!

Damn...doesn't excite me...I was hoping early June. Man, 7 weeks is a long time. I want to play this so badly. I was a beta tester for Wars of Seccesion so I applied to be one for this when they opened it but never heard back. When they closed it, I thought they were closer. I can't even watch videos or read about it because I just get frustrated not being able to play

Been in a huge gaming drought for 3-4 months now and I'm thinking this one will bring me out.

It could be 3 weeks away (timespan mentioned was 3 to 7 weeks)...........PS I am an eternal optimist  :)

mikeck

Yeah, but even that is triple what I'd hoped. Oh well...
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

Devoncop: I'll take the Bactrians.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on June 03, 2019, 08:44:19 AM
Devoncop: I'll take the Bactrians.

I heard rumours you liked Camels 😉

Bactrians are yours.

Gusington

SWEET.

All rumors are true  8)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I hear the camels like him too. Gettin' back to Bactria! This should be fun.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

When you put it that way it sounds much than...whatever.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao