Columbia block games coming to PC

Started by em2nought, July 07, 2019, 01:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

em2nought

They're starting with Richard III.  See the kickstarter for info
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/787937257/blocks-columbia-block-wargaming-on-your-pc-and-mac?ref=user_menu

demos available there

waiting list:
Crusader Rex
Julius Caesar
Hammer of the Scots
Stolen elections have consequences.

WallysWorld

I just downloaded the demo and tried it out for about 5 minutes. Looks promising. I remember playing Columbia's "Quebec 1759" game many years ago with my brother.

Thanks for the heads-up!
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Grim.Reaper

I backed it, what the heck...willing to try it:)

CJReich46

I did a test run, not bad. It's got potential.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Bardolph

I've never played any of the Columbia block stuff before. Tried the demo for Richard, seemed rather a simple game. Was expecting more Kingmaker I guess. More of a straight beat em up from what I could see. Will keep an eye on these though, the Caesar one got good reviews when it came out IIRC.

columbia

We're excited about this project and the support we've seen so far.  Thank you for sharing!

Grant Dalgliesh

WallysWorld

It appears that Philippe Thibaut is/was involved in this new computer game project as he posts about it.

Philippe and Columbia's Blocks! computer games

For those who don't know, Philippe was the founder of Ageod. The founder or one of the founders.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

columbia

Philippe Thibaut is the main man at Avalon Digital. He and his team are the brains behind the Blocks project.  We, at Columbia Games, have found them to be a delight to work with. 

Senex

Stream page is up.
Says release is this fall.

Wolfe1759

Quote from: columbia on July 16, 2019, 12:15:37 PM
Philippe Thibaut is the main man at Avalon Digital. He and his team are the brains behind the Blocks project.  We, at Columbia Games, have found them to be a delight to work with.

Good luck on the project, hope you get to bring more and more of the block games to the digital era.

I've got a lot of the Columbia block games dating back as far as 1st edition EastFront and a copy of Philippe's / AWE's Europa Universalis on my shelf, along with almost all of the AGEOD PC games so the collaboration bodes well  :)
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

WallysWorld

em2nought

In addition to Hammer of the Scots, I'd particularly like to see their Shenandoah Valley Campaign, Rommel in the Desert, and Shiloh.

Great to know just "who" created the Blocks! gaming engine, gives me lots of hope for success.
Stolen elections have consequences.