I know your name is FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, November 22, 2019, 06:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

This place looks awesome! Congrats  :bd:

Have been playing Master of Orion 3 all week but the Klackons are crushing me. No chances to win this campaign. I think i'll have to start a new one or a new Birth of the Federation campaign.

Tomorrow, i want to play Waterloo: Napoleon's last battle.

MetalDog

moreb!  Those are some great pics!  Looks idyllic.  What's the first tune you're going to crank from the back windows while you're down at the pond with a beer in your hand?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Moreb

Quote from: MetalDog on November 22, 2019, 11:32:44 PM
moreb!  Those are some great pics!  Looks idyllic.  What's the first tune you're going to crank from the back windows while you're down at the pond with a beer in your hand?

Credence, Lookin out my back door maybe? Peaceful easy feeling? Maybe even Sweetleaf. I'm open for suggestions.

Hope all goes well. The funny thing is we looked at the house online before it was quickly under contract. My wife woke up Tuesday in the middle of the night with the page open for that house again and showing back on market. She liked it from the get go. I needed a little more reassurance. She thinks it was meant to be and since she lives a peaceful existence, unlike my slug and grind, I'm going to follow her lead. Hers is a simplistic approach to lifes challenges. I envy her confidence. Me? I second guess everything.
When dongles fly? - mirth

MetalDog

Quote from: Moreb on November 22, 2019, 11:52:19 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 22, 2019, 11:32:44 PM

Credence, Lookin out my back door maybe? Peaceful easy feeling? Maybe even Sweetleaf. I'm open for suggestions.

Hope all goes well. The funny thing is we looked at the house online before it was quickly under contract. My wife woke up Tuesday in the middle of the night with the page open for that house again and showing back on market. She liked it from the get go. I needed a little more reassurance. She thinks it was meant to be and since she lives a peaceful existence, unlike my slug and grind, I'm going to follow her lead. Hers is a simplistic approach to lifes challenges. I envy her confidence. Me? I second guess everything.

Credence isn't loud enough.  The Eagles are the Eagles (bleh).  A beer is the wrong soporific for Sweet Leaf, but you're on the right track ;)  Close to the Edge maybe?  Songs From the Wood?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

-budd-

OK, its got to be a clear starry night and the beer has to be cold. I'm thinking putting some speakers out on the deck and maybe as you crack your third beer put this on....LOUD.....AAAAAAA...feel the tranquility.

Or go with scaring the shit out of the forest animals, song finishes strong

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Moreb

The fact that I'm still awake at 1:30 and I need to be up at 5:00 says everything that needs to be said about me right now.  All good suggestions. Edited out my videos because I think Ive hijacked this thread too much. Geez. Now I'm even second guessing my posts.......

I think I'll save Planet Caravan for when I want to eat me a batch of those country shrooms and hide from the shadows.

But I did notice that my awesomely powerful laptop sounds like its speaker plays through an aluminum can under a pillow in the next room.

p.s., Make that 2:00 now. The missus? Sound asleep next to me. I feel like waking her with a shake just because....well...just because.

jamus34

That sucks Moreb. I've been there and done that a fair share of times. I usually just throw in the towel and go read or watch tv while trying to not wake up the Mrs and hope I may get an hour or two of shuteye.
Insert witty comment here.

Dammit Carl!

Dang pretty place there.  Always had a soft spot for Missouri after spending some time at Ft. Lost in The Woods.

Sir Slash

A giant statue of a pug in the pond would add a lot. Just saying.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Moreb:

Beautiful property.  Hope the closing goes smoothly.

Gusington

I like that the Dog of Metal is not so hot for The Eagles. Me neither.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Good luck with the new digs, moreb, and congratulations! 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Moreb

A little update. We did sign a contract with very agreeable terms. Closing will be in 7 weeks because of the holidays but we are in good shape there. This second showing allowed us to spend some time looking at everything in better detail and picking out deficiencies. With that said, I believe we found the home we have always wanted and some $$$$$, time and effort will only improve upon some great bones. Hate the flooring and paint but those will go. The property is beautiful with deer ruts everywhere.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Moreb

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on November 23, 2019, 08:26:06 AM
Dang pretty place there.  Always had a soft spot for Missouri after spending some time at Ft. Lost in The Woods.

Lost in the woods. Hilarious. I've heard that place is hell only 2 times a year; All Winter and All Summer.

We used to float The Big Piney near there and I remember well the sounds of artillery exploding in the distance.

Dammit Carl!

Spend time at Ft. Jackson in the summer if you'd like the thrill of living in abject shittiness.