I know your name is FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, November 22, 2019, 06:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

It's going to be crazy at work the next couple days, so I won't have much time for gaming this weekend.  Probably just the usual Stellaris and/or Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, maybe Battletech (now that the Heavy Metal DLC has dropped). 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MengJiao

Quote from: Ian C on November 22, 2019, 08:37:34 AM
Unity of Command II, Warplan, HOI4 Black Ice.

Unity of Command II and War Thunder -- I think that will cover it

Gusington

I winterized my lawn mower about a month ago by having a half cord of wood fall over on it  :buck2:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Playing some 7th Continent solo on the table top

Already got some Oxygen not Included in today and maybe some HOI4 too.
Insert witty comment here.

Moreb

Going to (hopefully) sign a contract on a house tomorrow. We had been looking for some time and I am nervous as hell. I never get anxiety but I feel like some impending doom is about to befall me. ???

It is such a hot market that things stay on for a day or two before they are snatched up.

The wife says things will work out the way they are supposed to work out. Maybe she's right?
When dongles fly? - mirth

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Moreb on November 22, 2019, 07:51:20 PM
Going to (hopefully) sign a contract on a house tomorrow. We had been looking for some time and I am nervous as hell. I never get anxiety but I feel like some impending doom is about to befall me. ???

It is such a hot market that things stay on for a day or two before they are snatched up.

The wife says things will work out the way they are supposed to work out. Maybe she's right?

That's exciting! Good luck!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jamus34

Yeah good luck Moreb - buying / selling a home sucks...don't know about anyone else but it's probably my top 3 of stress inducers.
Insert witty comment here.

Moreb

Thank you fellas. Much appreciated. Now it's a waiting game. The house has about everything we wanted except for a wood burner which I will add later if all goes well.

Dammit Carl!

Having just did the house selling/buying bit, I can honestly say I preferred being deployed and dealing with mines.

Good luck, mate!

Moreb

An elderly couple owned the house before passing it on to the current owner who lived in it for 2 years (im sure to avoid capital gains). It was built by him and his sons as they were local builders.  It needs updating inside. Things like flooring and paint etc and the yard needs some attention. But I'm in construction (floor layer) and have built some things such as our cabin on the lake, so it's all within my wheelhouse. The detached 3 car garage has a 1 bedroom apartment/mother in law suite with kitchen, bathroom and w/d/ hookups. I imagine I'll use it as a guest house. The home is small, but we are empty nesters and don't want to take care of any more space than we need. It sits 0n 15.9 acres in Missouri's waterways just a couple miles from the Upper Meramec river. 

We will wait until next Spring to sell and will probably sell our cabin too as there is no need to go to the country when we will be living back in the country. Get back Honkey Cat.

paplan

Quote from: DoctorQuest on November 22, 2019, 02:53:51 PM
Watching Penn State vs. Ohio State. My late parents both went to Penn State. This game has been an EVENT for a very long time.

Winterize the lawn mower and gas up and check out the snow blower.

I've been mucking about with Soldiers: Heroes of World War II. Might try to put some time into that this weekend.

We Are!
Looking forward to the game as well, but not feeling confident (pretty hard when youre a 19 point dog).

On tap is EU4, AAR, and ISG.  Maybe UofC II.

-budd-

Moreb,

Looks like you can find some peace there, hope everything works for out for you.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

The closing on our house 15 years ago was probably the most unique day of my life, up there with wedding day and the birth of my daughters.

Remember to breathe moreb!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Looks like a lovely place Moreb. Maybe too pretty to be inside playing games though.  #:-)  My wife and I just paid-off our house early after a lot of work and effort so hang in there and keep at it. It'll be worth it in the end.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Moreb

Thank you all. A reminder why I spend my online time here at Grogs. Great community.