Main Menu

Sweet HomeFRIDAY

Started by Tripoli, August 02, 2019, 01:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

We are late kicking off the Friday party today.  I'll be doing FoG-Empires, and working on description files for CMANO and Burden of Command.

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe1759

Having a lot of fun with Stars in Shadow so that will probably be my main focus, think I'll start a new campaign as the Tinkers (a.k.a. cute Borg). Also just reinstalled Guns of August which I haven't played for years so I'll give that a go as well.

Good pick of song, not sure if I prefer Alabama or Chicago though  :)

P.S. couldn't figure out how to embed a video related to that last sentence  :-[ - here's a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0zyuc_2UVg
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

al_infierno

Pitch of Prestige: Conglomerates
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

devoncop

Pasture of Renown : Territories.

There is no other choice. :notworthy:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Huw the Poo

This week I got Deathgarden: BLOODHARVEST in a Humble Bundle.  It's quite the thing.  Think 5v1 battle royale, with a team of scavengers trying to collect and deposit a large quantity of blood while being hunted by the lone hunter.  Lots of tense, frantic gameplay.  I'm not bad as a scavenger but I absolutely suck as the hunter.

I've also been revisiting Rimworld as I'm wont to do a few times a year.  It's still as much fun as ever.  My colony currently faces its first winter, for which I did no preparation whatsoever.  All crops have failed, but I did just about manage to acquire enough cotton to make parkas for everyone, at least.

Some lovely multiplayer fun in Arma 3 as always.

Quote from: Wolfe1759 on August 02, 2019, 03:53:41 PM
Having a lot of fun with Stars in Shadow

I've had this for a while and barely looked at it.  I really need to, one of these days.

Tripoli

Quote from: Wolfe1759 on August 02, 2019, 03:53:41 PM

....Good pick of song, not sure if I prefer Alabama or Chicago though  :)

I almost picked "Sweet Home Chicago."   It is my favorite Blues Brothers tune.  However, they just can't compare to Skynyrd.  However, for those who want to compare, here is a version with Johnny WInter and Eric Clapton:

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

bbmike

You picked the right version.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mikeck

Having bloodied my nose on the DCS AV-8B and learned the basics of the US aircraft systems (and game itself ), I've decided to try the F-18. Got it started, flew around, learned the radar and now trying to learn the AtG systems. It does help sticking with the modern US systems as the concepts and design are similar, but the F-18 is More complex.

I'm glad I learned on the Av-8b but I do find the F-18 much easier to fly. Trying to refuel in the Harrier made me seasick swinging back and forth. The F-18 is smooth as butter.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Sir Slash

Rome 2 with the DEI mod if I get the time.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Moreb

Not really sure what or when but it will be something.

I hope Neil Young will remember, a Southern man don't need him around anyhow.
When dongles fly? - mirth

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 02, 2019, 11:12:17 PM
Rome 2 with the DEI mod if I get the time.

Yoiks.  I'm back from the Sea.  Well, Ipswich Bay anyway.  My kids can swim now.  I haven't played anything but kid games in 5 weeks so anything at all will be wonderful.  Yes!  Rome II!

Sir Slash

We paid to have our 3 grandkids swimming Lessons from an excellent local, certified instructor because we have a pool and they love getting in it in the summer. Best money we ever spent. Now they're so good they can help us out of the pool if we get in trouble. The ease of mind alone is worth it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

First training my daughters ever had was to learn how to swim around 2 years old. The Wife was also a lifeguard for years and years.

'The Wifeguard'

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Quote from: Gusington on August 05, 2019, 01:47:01 PM
First training my daughters ever had was to learn how to swim around 2 years old. The Wife was also a lifeguard for years and years.

'The Wifeguard'

Does she still carry the whistle?
When dongles fly? - mirth

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 05, 2019, 11:09:02 AM
We paid to have our 3 grandkids swimming Lessons from an excellent local, certified instructor because we have a pool and they love getting in it in the summer. Best money we ever spent. Now they're so good they can help us out of the pool if we get in trouble. The ease of mind alone is worth it.

Yes!  I paid for a swim teacher for them at the YMCA in Gloucester.  Since the kids were out rowing boats and sailing on schooners and climbing out to sea on rocks as the tide came in, it seemed like a good idea.  Plus their cousins (who are only a little older) can swim well.