Main Menu

Sweet HomeFRIDAY

Started by Tripoli, August 02, 2019, 01:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

I'll bet Mrs. Gus still has her red bathing suit and runs down the beach really slowly bouncing appropriately.  :notworthy:   It's so hard to get good grandkids these days we don't want to lose any and have to start over.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

The Wife calls me The Whistle. She doesn't run down the beach as much as I'd like but she does have me haul her sea kayak down the road to put in and laughs as I sweat my ass off, as I did this morning.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

A sweaty ass and a laughing wife are true signs of a good husband.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Are you quoting Confucius?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 05, 2019, 10:09:15 PM
A sweaty ass and a laughing wife are true signs of a good husband.

I Ching?  Third Trigram to the Right and keep on til morning?  All will be well?  Keep clapping to save Tinkerbell?

Sir Slash

I read it in a Fortune Cookie. Sold to me by a guy with some damn good Sweet & Sour Ribs and a sweaty ass.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Quote from: Huw the Poo on August 02, 2019, 06:07:51 PM

Some lovely multiplayer fun in Arma 3 as always.

Which game-modes and servers?  I made quite an effort at the "King of the Hill" game a while back, but ultimately it became a bit too frustrating in terms of dying en route to the action.

Huw the Poo

I play exclusively on Altis JSOC.  It's a really fun server and a good group of people.  In a nutshell, you form into squads with a squad needing at least a medic, helo pilot and leader.  The leader then requests a random mission from a big set of hand-crafted missions, you gear up, get in the helo and fly to the mission.

The reason I like it so much is that it's exactly the way I want to play Arma 3.  These guys are pretty good at the game but nobody takes it too seriously.  Everyone wants to beat the mission, but you aren't going to be shouted at for using the "wrong" gear etc.  For example, I insist on wearing a wetsuit on every mission, for no particular reason, earning me the nickname "Flipper".

The way the server is set up is that medics can self-revive.  I think this is because the owner doesn't want a mission to fail just because the helo pilot is a noob, for example, and crashes in the LZ.  So you're kind of always able to complete the mission eventually even if you suck.

I can't recommend it highly enough, really.  If my introduction to Arma 3 had been King of the Hill, I'm not sure I'd have stuck with it.

Father Ted

^Thanks Huw.   I'll try to give it a go.

Tuna

Quote from: Huw the Poo on August 07, 2019, 04:46:17 PM
I play exclusively on Altis JSOC.  It's a really fun server and a good group of people.  In a nutshell, you form into squads with a squad needing at least a medic, helo pilot and leader.  The leader then requests a random mission from a big set of hand-crafted missions, you gear up, get in the helo and fly to the mission.

The reason I like it so much is that it's exactly the way I want to play Arma 3.  These guys are pretty good at the game but nobody takes it too seriously.  Everyone wants to beat the mission, but you aren't going to be shouted at for using the "wrong" gear etc.  For example, I insist on wearing a wetsuit on every mission, for no particular reason, earning me the nickname "Flipper".

The way the server is set up is that medics can self-revive.  I think this is because the owner doesn't want a mission to fail just because the helo pilot is a noob, for example, and crashes in the LZ.  So you're kind of always able to complete the mission eventually even if you suck.

I can't recommend it highly enough, really.  If my introduction to Arma 3 had been King of the Hill, I'm not sure I'd have stuck with it.

cool straight vanilla?

Huw the Poo

I believe so - there are certainly no mods permitted.  There might be a bit of tweaking server-side like the aforementioned medic thing, and the missions are hand-crafted, but generally vanilla, yeah.

If/when you guys play, tell them "Huwie" sent you! O0