When the FRIDAY Breaks

Started by Jarhead0331, November 16, 2018, 05:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on November 16, 2018, 09:28:16 PM

Silent Hunter 4 (just started getting into this again)

Running any mods?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

It's been a bad week for me. On top of the site being down, AGEOD has been beating me up in ACW 2, Birth of America 2, and Alea Jacta Est. It's pretty bad when French games are kicking your ass.  :pullhair:   So it's back to Pillars 2 to hunt some bunny rabbits or something for me.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

I was planning to, but I was too lazy to download and install any.  So, right now I'm vanilla, with the U-boat Missions DLC installed.

I want to try Real Boat and Trigger Maru, but I need a lot more time to get into those.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Nice thing about mastering the Ageod system is having all those fantastic games to play.

Someday, I'm going to sit down and figure them out.  I have all of those, but I'll be damned if I know how to do anything with them.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GroggyGrognard

Happy to find the forum is back up and running, warts and all.

Thank you Jarhead, and your brother for making this happen. It is tremendous that you made it a priority for our wargame community here to get back on track. I'm sure it wasn't easy.

I just bought Armored Brigade. Hopefully between looong shifts this weekend I will be able to try it out. This is complete conjecture, but it appears that it very well could be a potential candidate for PC wargame of the year.

I'm also trying to finish up Return of the Obra Dinn. Great game.

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Crossroads

Great to have the forum up and running again  :bd: <:-) :peace: :smitten:

So, Armored Bde's out, where's me anniversary coupon, again...
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Skwerl

Great song choice Jarhead.

I picked up Armored Brigade last night.  Figuring it out is my task for the weekend.  My (very ill-informed) trial run last night was a disaster!  Carefully reading the manual on this one is a necessity.

IICptMillerII

Glad to see the forum back in action.

A friend of mine recently got me back into Darkest Hour the Hearts of Iron game/mod. Been having a lot of fun with it. It's also inspired me to launch CMANO to put together some of my naval task forces from DH and have them duke it out with enemy fleets.

I also picked up Armored Brigade and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. The potential for this game is outstanding. They've made it so easily moddable and accessible. I'm sure its only a matter of time before we see some Arab-Israeli War and Desert Storm mods out. That said, I do wish there were more scenario's campaigns. There are 15 scenario's that ship with the game, but they're all a demo of a game feature. Hopefully this will be remedied by the community or future DLC. Overall I'm really liking it.

Gusington

This literally has never happened to me before - I inexpectedly finished the main story of AssCreed Rogue with 45% sync a few minutes ago. I let the credits roll and then puttered around a bit but there is not much left to do that is interesting after the main story is done. Bit disappointing - wanted to explore the world more but there's just not much to it.

So while exploring UPlay I saw that AssCreed Unity is on sale for about ~13.00 complete. The hellish launch kept me away for Unity but it looks like all the bugs and issues are ironed out now, 3+ years later. I don't think there is any naval combat in Unity, but it's good timing nonetheless. For 13.00 I can't complain...going in 👍

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

As per usual as of late, I've just played RS2 but a short stint in RO2 and an mistake on my part showed me how wonderfully salty some people can be over a video game.  Glad I don't run with a mic but admittedly my typed response to the pissbabies was less than kind too.0

MengJiao

Quote from: Father Ted on November 16, 2018, 06:39:53 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 16, 2018, 05:32:35 PM
We're back!!!!

Well TF for that - was feeling a little bereft.  Gaming-wise I'm re-visiting Command Ops - always something more to learn and appreciate

Yes!  Thanks to all who got the grogginess back online!  I spent the week-end mostly winterizing the farm.  The barn's a wreck (for which I am thankful since pregnant mares will have to go elsewhere), but perfect for storing old games.  I downloaded the 8 dollar special Rising Storm Vietnam, which might be interesting.  I don't have a mic so I'll have to be extra helpful and pretend I don't speak the English and/or just get kicked off the teams a lot.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: MengJiao on November 19, 2018, 07:54:31 AM
I downloaded the 8 dollar special Rising Storm Vietnam, which might be interesting.  I don't have a mic so I'll have to be extra helpful and pretend I don't speak the English and/or just get kicked off the teams a lot.

In my experience, the European servers are all pretty good folks; I've a not too shabby amount of time spent on the 2829th ID, 509508th and Bloodbath servers to be more precise.

Lack of mic is no real deal breaker but it is useful if in Squad Leader or mandatory Commander role.

MengJiao

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on November 19, 2018, 11:12:52 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on November 19, 2018, 07:54:31 AM
I downloaded the 8 dollar special Rising Storm Vietnam, which might be interesting.  I don't have a mic so I'll have to be extra helpful and pretend I don't speak the English and/or just get kicked off the teams a lot.

In my experience, the European servers are all pretty good folks; not too shabby amount of time spent on the 28th ID, 509th and Bloodbath servers to be more precise.

Lack of mic is no real deal breaker but it is useful if in Squad Leader or Commander role.

Good to know!  thanks!