Steam Summer Sale 2018...

Started by steve58, June 12, 2018, 11:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Quote from: Skwerl on July 02, 2018, 01:00:52 PM
Ogre
XCom Enemy Within (somehow I missed this one the first time around)
Dominions 5
XCom 2 War of the Chosen
Kingdoms of Amalur + all DLC

Kingdoms of Amalur got slammed by reviewers when it came out...I got it on sale a couple of years ago and had many hours of fun with it.  It opens with an on-rails tutorial, but after that, and you reach the first village, it becomes an open world to explore.

Skwerl

Steelgrave

Quote from: -budd- on July 02, 2018, 11:05:36 AM
Watched a video on alpha 17 yesterday, looks to be out soon. Mentioned improved zombie pathing, and something like 70+ POI's added, but I think some of that is just new house designs. The pathing on the video did look better, and zombies can hit you while moving, which is a pretty big change. I think it's been almost a year since the last update, so it should be a big one.

JD, from the ones that I play only The Forest and Subnautica are officially released. Those are story based games so they don't stay in alpha/beta quite as long. I'm fine with 7DTD staying in alpha for now as that means they'll keep adding, refining stuff and since theres no story i don't have to worry about spoiling it. The game has been playable for a long time.

I forgot about the Long Dark, I had it early on and refunded it as trying to keep from freezing was really hard then, have to give it another look.

7 Days to Die will be perfect in my book when it utilizes Steam Workshop. There are already mods out there but Workshop has spoiled me.

-budd-

Added The Long Dark to my purchase list.

One thing in 7DTD i'd really, really, like them to add is a setting for the zombies that they only run when your hunted. I'm a zombie traditionalist, them running all the time just looks stupid and them walking all the time is a bit to easy, especially once your geared up. I play now with them walking all the time but jack up the spawn rate. I mean they seem to have it already in the game, the dogs only run when your hunted. Steam workshop would be awesome. Think i'm going to look into how to edit the 7 day horde to turn it off , i'd like the wandering hordes to stay so hopefully there separate settings. Dealing with the laser guided horde every 7th day gets old. If you have a bunch of light and are making a bunch of noise, bring the horde on, but doesn't matter on the 7th day with that laser guided, destruction mob.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

FarAway Sooner

I'm tempted by Darkest Dungeon, Plague, Inc., or Quest of Dungeons for my kid, but so far, I've remained chaste and pure.

Who am I fooling?  With the kids home this summer, I don't have any damn time to play games anyways...   :D

OJsDad

Quote from: Kvothe on July 02, 2018, 07:48:20 AM
I splurged...

Advanced Tactics Gold,
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm,
Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris,
Pike and Shot: Campaigns,
Templar Battleforce,
Unity of Command (had it drm free but wanted it on Steam).

I'm terrible at tactics and strategy but hoping to learn how to play better using youtube videos and asking for help on here.

Red Storm is good.  If you want to PBEM, there are several people here that will be willing to play. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Barthheart

Quote from: OJsDad on July 02, 2018, 03:56:27 PM
I splurged...

Advanced Tactics Gold,
Pike and Shot: Campaigns
Templar Battleforce,

I'm terrible at tactics and strategy but hoping to learn how to play better using youtube videos and asking for help on here.

Red Storm is good.  If you want to PBEM, there are several people here that will be willing to play.

+1 but watch out fer OJsDad... he's tricky.

DC: Warsaw to Paris is a fantastic game. There's at least one AAR on this site... that I might have won....  :coolsmiley:

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=19129.0
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=19134.0

Tiamak

Quote from: ComradeP on July 01, 2018, 01:09:46 PM
QuoteHas anyone played Into the Breach?  FTL was fun for 10 minutes or so, but nothing more.

I bought it after the sale started and have played it for about 8 hours thus far.

It's growing on me, but I didn't like the randomness at first. Most of the time, the AI is "fair", but that's also because it makes suboptimal moves that you can counter. It can be a bit of a puzzle game, and not all builds are viable. Expect that you'll have to restart a few times before you get the hang of it.

You can take 1 pilot with you when you restart. That pilots keeps all experience, levels and skills. Everybody else starts over. You can't take equipment, items or upgrades with you when you restart.

It's a bit of an acquired taste due to the roguelike nature. I've never played FTL, but one of my friends did and told me that it becomes boring after you figure out the pattern to use for each situation. He only had to restart if he got screwed over by random events. There is more room for error in Into the Breach.

Note that even many people that liked it have spent at most about 20 hours or so on the game on Steam judging by the reviews. I think it will turn into a quick distraction or break kind of game for me, where you can complete a scenario or two before getting back to work.

Thanks for the feedback ComradeP.  Hmmm might wishlist it for now.

Kvothe

Quote from: Barthheart on July 02, 2018, 05:21:29 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on July 02, 2018, 03:56:27 PM
I splurged...

Advanced Tactics Gold,
Pike and Shot: Campaigns
Templar Battleforce,

+1 but watch out fer OJsDad... he's tricky.

DC: Warsaw to Paris is a fantastic game. There's at least one AAR on this site... that I might have won....  :coolsmiley:

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=19129.0
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=19134.0

Your AAR was actually the reason I purchased the game, so thank you :)

JudgeDredd

Ok. I'm going to jump on 7 Days to Die. At the price it would be stupid of me to not get it. I've been eyeing it for quite some time.

Thanks
Alba gu' brath

-budd-

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 03, 2018, 04:27:04 AM
Ok. I'm going to jump on 7 Days to Die. At the price it would be stupid of me to not get it. I've been eyeing it for quite some time.

Thanks
Welcome to 7DTD.
Here's some tips to ease into the game.
Setttings:
Play on the stockmap, not random gen at first, the hubcity is always at 0,0 on the map.
In settings set your your horde size to the smallest number  8 i think.
Set day length to the most day light hours you can.
Set air drops to daily, and have them marked on map.
Set zombies to always walk
Set drop nothing on death.

When you start you spawn in a safe area, no zombies. Start punching grass,picking up rocks, punching small bushes,check any bird nests you find . Make a stone ax quickly, grass clothes,bow and arrows. There's a tutorial on screen that prompts you. If you didn't spawn in the green zone,i.e. trees and grass I'd restart if green zone isn't close, it's just easier. The wastelands,desert , and frozen area are harder but have there own benefits. Immediately start looking for where your going to sit out the night. Stay away from towns and cities in the beginning, look for single buildings ...o if you find a road follow it, it usually leads somewhere good. Crouch to check your status, undetected,sensed, hunted,  crouching is stealth mode . It's pretty easy to avoid zombies, the stealth is maybe to good.

Just some quick thoughts to get you started, enjoy.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Anguille

I don't even have the time anymore to buy games i don't have time to play....what the...!!!

Destraex

Anguille you must have a life! :P
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

Got Warlock 2 for the Renaissance mod and Vietnam '65, both together for under 10 dollah.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd