Steam Summer Sale 2018...

Started by steve58, June 12, 2018, 11:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Destraex on June 27, 2018, 05:23:09 AM
What;s the difference between graviteam tactics and tank warfare?

The former games focus on the eastern front the latter on North Africa. It's the same system made by the same developer, but the name changed due to licensing issues.

Buy it. Superb games.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

DennisS

Quote from: bob48 on June 27, 2018, 06:40:36 AM
Well, I finally weakened and got Darkest Dungeon.

Take a look at One Deck Dungeon. Port of the board game, and it's pretty good.

Dammit Carl!

Hunh.  This one snuck up on me.

Will prolly get the ARVN cosmetic upgrade for RS2 Vietnam, all the DLC for Payday2 and possibly get the upgrade for RO2 from "base," model to "super deluxe," so I can finally get those nifty hats for TF2 and those characters for Killing Floor (and yes, I still play those two games from time to time).  Other than that, I could see maybe getting War in the West.

Dunno.  Nothing is really screaming "you must have me," and I guess that's a good thing.  Maybe?

bob48

Quote from: DennisS on June 27, 2018, 07:25:31 AM
Quote from: bob48 on June 27, 2018, 06:40:36 AM
Well, I finally weakened and got Darkest Dungeon.

Take a look at One Deck Dungeon. Port of the board game, and it's pretty good.

Will do. Thanks!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

solops

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 27, 2018, 06:42:20 AM
Quote from: Destraex on June 27, 2018, 05:23:09 AM
What;s the difference between graviteam tactics and tank warfare?

The former games focus on the eastern front the latter on North Africa. It's the same system made by the same developer, but the name changed due to licensing issues.

Buy it. Superb games.

Thank you. Too many people, myself included, mention games or acronyms about which I have no clue. These games sound interesting.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Ian C

Star Trek Bridge Crew
Endless Space 2 Digital Deluxe & all DLC
Life is Strange - Before the Storm Deluxe Edition
Enslaved Odyssey to the West Premium Edition
Sword of the Stars Complete Collection

Apocalypse 31

Tally Thusfar:

DCS AVB8 (for $34!)
Rise of Nations
Blackhawk Down: Team Saber
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway
DCS Nevada
Subnautica (holy hell, this game!)

ArizonaTank

My pleasant surprise for this sale is "Freeman Guerrilla Warfare" for $11.  Still a work in progress...but is basically Mount & Blade does modern insurgency. 

You start with about 9 fighters armed with some rifles and pistols.  There are two other guerilla factions and bunch of bandits...the idea is to take over villages, win hearts and minds and become king of the hill. 

I am only a few hours in.  Pretty hard to keep your nacent movement from getting snuffed early.  Also still has rough edges, so no full throated endorsement.  But if you like the idea of leading a team of bots into a firefight in the context of a campaign, then it may be worth your time and money.

Anyway, certainly one to watch.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

solops

Thanks to Destraex and Jarhead I picked up Tank Warfare Complete, the base game and three DLC for $14.41. That has to be a good deal. (?)
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

JudgeDredd

Has anyone got Steep? Is it any good? It's only £8 - but still, I'd like to know how it plays. I've seen videos - but I want to know what a gamer thinks.

What about Dying Light? 7 Days to Die? Motorsport Manager?
Alba gu' brath

Rybon66

So I picked one game so far Ultimate Civil War General.  Which I am enjoying.  I have a little steam cash left from my Dads day gift.  I have been looking at Endless Space 2.  I enjoyed the heck out of Endless Fantasy.  So I thought I would ask if any of you enjoyed playing Endless Space 2.   My other thought is Dominions 4, however I just don't if I can handle the graphics.   I know snob right. 

Toonces

Motorsport Manager is one of the few games I've refunded on Steam.  It sounded like a neat idea, but in practice it just didn't resonate with me.  Kind of simplistic and the graphics - watching the races - just wasn't very awesome.

I don't remember too much more than that, but I do remember it didn't scratch that itch I had of being a manager when I just didn't want to break out the wheel to drive F1:201x.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Toonces on June 29, 2018, 08:32:40 AM
Motorsport Manager is one of the few games I've refunded on Steam.  It sounded like a neat idea, but in practice it just didn't resonate with me.  Kind of simplistic and the graphics - watching the races - just wasn't very awesome.

I don't remember too much more than that, but I do remember it didn't scratch that itch I had of being a manager when I just didn't want to break out the wheel to drive F1:201x.
Thanks Toonces.

That's exactly the feeling I had when I played the demo...too simplistic. There was something else as well...I can't put my finger on it, but it just made the game too "on rails".

I was asking in the hope that they might've changed the mechanics of the game to add more variables and make it more in-depth.
Alba gu' brath

Rayfer

Never played the classic Halflife 1 so I spent a whopping 99 cents for it....hope it runs ok on Windows 10.   ???

demjansk1942

Quote from: Rybon66 on June 29, 2018, 08:22:59 AM
So I picked one game so far Ultimate Civil War General.  Which I am enjoying.  I have a little steam cash left from my Dads day gift.  I have been looking at Endless Space 2.  I enjoyed the heck out of Endless Fantasy.  So I thought I would ask if any of you enjoyed playing Endless Space 2.   My other 'thought is Dominions 4, however I just don't if I can handle the graphics.   I know snob right.

Endless Space 2 is a real well made game.  I bought it and a lot of info under the cover.  The tutorial is well made ad it gets updated.