Victory at Sea - Pacific

Started by FlickJax, June 07, 2018, 04:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbar

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jomni

Ooohhh! The I-400 aircraft carrier submarine.

Sir Slash

Kind of looks like my first wife, pretty but shallow. Hope I'm wrong about this, I was about her.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 07, 2018, 08:40:51 AM
Kind of looks like my first wife, pretty but shallow. Hope I'm wrong about this, I was about her.  :coolsmiley:

It looks like marketting already got hold of this and pulped it into a series of vacuous cliches: real time, epic, sandbox (I'm surprised "rogue-like" isn't there too).  If you are desperate for some Pacific war there is always WiP Admiral's edition which truly has absolutely everything by the ton and more.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Tuna

Agreed, the torpedo spam in the video doesn't look realistic!

FlickJax

to be fair the first games was OK... not brilliant but definitely OK

Gusington

Sometimes all I want is pretty and shallow.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

RyanE

Yeah, the first ones were semi-realistic and fun.  Its good having the strategy layer and then the tactical layer.  Its weird to compare it to WITP.  I would never even consider those as competitive at all. 

bbmike

Real time strategy war gaming...  :(

But this line gives me some hope:
Pausable gameplay allows you to order fleets and then continue the action
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

FarAway Sooner

Come on.  You know if this game was called Victory at Sea:  Warhammer in the Pacific, you guys would be going crazy for it!

Sir Slash

SO TRUE! Japanese Battleship Turtles vs American Flying Griffon Divebombers!  :D   Where do I sign-up?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.