Quote from: MengJiao on June 11, 2018, 07:35:43 AM

Messing with Mods.  Paratroops in Greece:

And a Bren Gun Carrier.  They carried a lot of Bren Guns:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on June 11, 2018, 10:29:21 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on June 11, 2018, 07:35:43 AM

Messing with Mods.  Paratroops in Greece:

And a Bren Gun Carrier.  They carried a lot of Bren Guns:

Greece -- Bren Gun Carrier crews look things over after an unexpected close-range battle:

Jarhead0331

Iron Front mod?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MengJiao

MengJiao

Bardolph

Very cool. Haven't gone back down the mod rabbit hole much so far with the new install. Did get the 4 part RHS mod, we found a KoTH hardcore (1st person only) server running RHS. Just two sides, US and Russia. Has some balance issues but still pretty fun.

MengJiao

Quote from: Bardolph on June 11, 2018, 09:43:18 PM
Very cool. Haven't gone back down the mod rabbit hole much so far with the new install. Did get the 4 part RHS mod, we found a KoTH hardcore (1st person only) server running RHS. Just two sides, US and Russia. Has some balance issues but still pretty fun.

I had gone down the rabbit hole...I ended up reinstalling and removing mods and reinstalling again after erasing some other odd mod-like code I had dumped into my Arma directories.  Now I'm running pretty clean (for me) with "Faces of War" (which seems to be all WWII).  I just installed the 50th Northumbrian Division mod and found that the Green Howards turned up without any equipment -- so I've equiped them and dropped them into Normandy.

Green Howard Section in Normandy:

MengJiao

Jarhead0331

If anyone is looking for some really great single player dynamic missions, I recommend TRGM2. The guy who makes them has put the dynamic mission creator out for several of the maps. You can play short single missions with one objective, long missions with several (and even dynamic) objectives, or even create little mini campaigns with several different missions. You can set up support assets, transport helos, gear and weapons, etc. I'm really enjoying these missions so far and its drawing me back into ARMA.  You can get them in the workshop.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Bardolph

Can it do co-op missions? Keep trying to steer my buddy into some more scenario oriented stuff as opposed to KotH. Will have to check it out.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Bardolph on June 24, 2018, 08:32:17 PM
Can it do co-op missions? Keep trying to steer my buddy into some more scenario oriented stuff as opposed to KotH. Will have to check it out.

Scenario description says it's single player, co-op and mp.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

jomni

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 24, 2018, 04:43:34 PM
If anyone is looking for some really great single player dynamic missions, I recommend TRGM2. The guy who makes them has put the dynamic mission creator out for several of the maps. You can play short single missions with one objective, long missions with several (and even dynamic) objectives, or even create little mini campaigns with several different missions. You can set up support assets, transport helos, gear and weapons, etc. I'm really enjoying these missions so far and its drawing me back into ARMA.  You can get them in the workshop.

Thanks

Bardolph

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 24, 2018, 08:39:47 PM
Quote from: Bardolph on June 24, 2018, 08:32:17 PM

Scenario description says it's single player, co-op and mp.

Cool.

Jarhead0331

I wanted to recommend a series of three inter-related single player missions that I have had a blast playing through. They are made by victorguezESP and in the collection, the player is a member of the Altis Armed Forces (AAF). The battles take place in the years before ArmA 3's storyline of the East Wind campaign. These missions focus on the Altian Civil War of 2016, and involve mostly counter-insurgency operations in mountainous and urban terrain. The equipment and weapons are a mix of Russian-bloc and NATO hardware.

The missions are called Minotaur, Centaur and Phalanx and they each have pretty detailed mission summaries and objectives. In my experience, the player usually controls a few platoons of mechanized infantry and in at least one mission a platoon of upgraded BMPs.

Very cool and challenging stuff here. There are a few dependencies, so make sure you have all necessary mods, otherwise the missions will not load.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1300984597
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

Thanks! Always appreciate new suggestions by people who found cool missions!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."