Main Menu

ARMA 3

Started by Toonces, February 20, 2015, 03:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGER

JH, the next DLC will be about so called 'rescuing' aka trafficking numbers of NPC 'refugees' in large orange rubber boats ::)
who shout we want to go to Europe in different authentic languages soundsamples when horded onto the patrol vessel

Bardolph

I've thought about the clan thing, but my hours are weird, and I tend to play late at night which makes using a mic tough as I like where I live and want to stay here  :))
Most of the ARMA multiplayer I did was with my brother and a few friends we made along the way, though we did play a lot of KoTH and Wasteland.
I was awed by the Shack Tac videos back when I ran across em. Reminded me of the old days in Air Warrior or Ultima Online when I was in large, organized clans.

jomni

Played Invade and Annex during the weekend.  Still a good experience.  Wonder why I stopped playing?

I have Jets DLC (actually bought the DLC pack) but when I encounter assets form that game in MP, it asks me to buy Jets. I actually don't have Apex (waiting for a sale), and I was looking at a 4WD.  It probably meant I should buy Apex and not Jets.

By the way, I tried the Jets showcase and wasn't impressed.  The HUD indicators are not in Feet / Knots (meters / KMh instead). They say it's an engine limitation since switching the measures will also affect tanks and helicopters.

Staggerwing

Tanks have HUD indicators?  ???

I'd just assumed they were alway at Altitude '1'. Unless, you know, they drove off a cliff.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 25, 2017, 01:29:13 PM
It is not without its faults, but I never really understand some of the intense criticism ARMA receives. I mean, there is no other game on the planet that does what it does. None that even come close.

So true.  I mostly play in the editor with various mods.  I tried out all the different Mosin-nagants for example and flew a Gladiator around the new Malden.
Often the kids have me set up something for them.  We found a mysterious temple in the jungles of Tanoa on Saturday.

jomni

Quote from: MengJiao on August 27, 2017, 09:30:24 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 25, 2017, 01:29:13 PM
It is not without its faults, but I never really understand some of the intense criticism ARMA receives. I mean, there is no other game on the planet that does what it does. None that even come close.

So true.  I mostly play in the editor with various mods.  I tried out all the different Mosin-nagants for example and flew a Gladiator around the new Malden.
Often the kids have me set up something for them.  We found a mysterious temple in the jungles of Tanoa on Saturday.

It's really cool. In my game last night, we were assaulting a town with CAS aircraft strafing enemy positions.  Love the sound of those "warthog" guns. Brrrrr. A true combined arms experience.

jomni

Ok. Almost 200 hours of ARMA3 and I have just now attempted to really fly the aircraft. I've just configured my HOTAS for Helicoper and Plane operation.  I have spotted some dynamic missions for the flyables.  Opens a whole new way of playing ARMA. Let's see how it goes.

Jets DLC adds flaps, ILS, modular damage, active radar & passive recievers. Actually those are universal engine upgrades. Because I see the older planes now have these features too. Not DCS level, but it's almost like Strike Fighters.
I also turned on realistic helicopter flight. A bit challenging but I want to learn to do things right.

Yskonyn

I doubt that ' realistic helicopter flight'  is actually realistic. I can't get to grips with it, while I have no problem flying helo's in DCS.  :DD
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jomni

Quote from: Yskonyn on August 29, 2017, 04:23:31 AM
I doubt that ' realistic helicopter flight'  is actually realistic. I can't get to grips with it, while I have no problem flying helo's in DCS.  :DD

True.

Coincidentally, Apex is now on sale. I'm now up to date with the DLCs.  I only skipped the carts DLC.

Yskonyn

I am running the Arma stock campaign. The AI keeps driving me nuts at times, but the experience overall is quite ok. But this 'Get the fuel truck' mission is so darn hard... restarted it a zillion times now.
Damn Striders wipe my squad each time.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: jomni on August 28, 2017, 09:21:38 PM
Ok. Almost 200 hours of ARMA3 and I have just now attempted to really fly the aircraft. I've just configured my HOTAS for Helicoper and Plane operation.  I have spotted some dynamic missions for the flyables.  Opens a whole new way of playing ARMA. Let's see how it goes.

Jets DLC adds flaps, ILS, modular damage, active radar & passive recievers. Actually those are universal engine upgrades. Because I see the older planes now have these features too. Not DCS level, but it's almost like Strike Fighters.
I also turned on realistic helicopter flight. A bit challenging but I want to learn to do things right.

Be sure to map your TGP to a button that can be easily accessed. The addition of the targeting pods for aircraft in ArmA has been one of my single-most enjoyed features.

jomni

Today I played drone operator in MP for a change.  Too bad the map has no aerial drones.  Just ground drones and the backpack drone. 
Tanoa is not drone friendly due to thick jungles.

Jack Nastyface

Quote from: jomni on September 01, 2017, 06:11:59 AM
Today I played drone operator in MP for a change.  Too bad the map has no aerial drones.  Just ground drones and the backpack drone. 
Tanoa is not drone friendly due to thick jungles.
Were you playing Combat patrol?
What server US?  EU? etc?
What's your in-game name?
BTW...the drone operator in combat patrol is less than ideal, mostly because that mission type does include enemy spawns.  Having said that, I've play some games where a good UAV operator will leave the main assault group, head towards the exfil location, find a nice quite spot (like a building) to hunker down, and then use voice comms to direct the entire unit.  What done right, it's highly effective and very useful.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

jomni

I usually play Invade and Annex.  In-game name Jayson.
I think CAS and Drones are more suitable for large combined arms ops.

Jarhead0331

The Tanks DLC is due for release in Quarter 1 2018 and the first parts of it have already been added to the development branch. Presently, there are interiors available for three APCs. Very exciting and long overdue additions...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18