Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bruce205

Dang it Huw And Budd, you guys made me buy this game and I never finish anything!!! Did you guys like Bioshock at all?     

Bruce

-budd-

Quote from: bruce205 on April 29, 2012, 09:40:35 AM
Dang it Huw And Budd, you guys made me buy this game and I never finish anything!!! Did you guys like Bioshock at all?     

Bruce

Bioshock series is one of my favorites, those games drip atmosphere also. Except for Infinite i've finished the first two games multiple times. If you can deal with the outdated graphics, System Shock 2 is awesome, there are some graphics mods to improve the look a little. If you haven't played it, you need to meet Shodan :-), it can usually be had on sale for cheap.

Don't forget to turn out the lights and put the headphones on for Soma O0
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: bruce205 on April 29, 2012, 09:40:35 AM

Bruce

I only played the first one but I loved every minute, it's one of the most compelling computer game experiences I've ever had. :)

You will not regret buying Soma!  I hope you don't know too much about it before playing - enjoy!

JasonPratt

Finished Shadow of More War tonight. ;) And by 'finished' I mean I finished the story part, and then spent about an hour checking the extended epilogue story featuring the Elven assassin and Talion defending Mordor in an ongoing civil war until the One Ring was found. Tragic, but (despite sort of breaking Tolkien's lore in places) it does fit Tolkien's basic concept that there can be no victory taking the weapon of the enemy to use for yourself. (...um, spoilers, the One Ring is destroyed in the end, not used against Sauron. ;) )

Sets up for a curious sequel, tying up the main loose end to the plot (to the game's plot, not Tolkien's plot), to be set in the Far East of Middle-Earth, which will be a nifty place to expand the series should Warner Brothers decide they want to print some more money again!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Con

Finished Warhammer 40K Mechanicus

Probably the best atmospheric computer rendition of WH40K universe that I played. The first couple of missions are fun - difficult.  But once you get to the mid game and have a good handle on tactics/equipment you can pretty much mop all the enemies up.  I killed the Necron overlord with the necron waking meter at 75% (once it gets to 100% you are forced to fight him).

Light game but still quite fun-I'd recommend it
Most Perturbatory

Con

Sir Slash

Congrats on the Win Con.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Rayfer

Quote from: Con on December 04, 2018, 10:54:58 PM
Finished Warhammer 40K Mechanicus

Probably the best atmospheric computer rendition of WH40K universe that I played. The first couple of missions are fun - difficult.  But once you get to the mid game and have a good handle on tactics/equipment you can pretty much mop all the enemies up.  I killed the Necron overlord with the necron waking meter at 75% (once it gets to 100% you are forced to fight him).

Light game but still quite fun-I'd recommend it
Most Perturbatory

Con

Well done Con.  But come on...perturbatory...?  I thought the forum rules forbid any word with 4 or more syllables?  :o  ;) I had to Google it to see what it meant.   :uglystupid2:

JasonPratt

I routinely perturb that rule. With extreme perturbituity!  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Con

Hah it's a quote used in the game and by a mechanics character  in Dan abnetts WH Eisenhorn novels

Tuna

MD, when I reached Perturby, I became Interested in girls. There ya go!

airboy

Pete Dero

I finished the main story line in Assassins Creed Odyssey.

Took me 131 hours and got me to level 52.

Sir Slash

WOW!  :wow:  I'm impressed. Very good Pete.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

-budd-

Quote from: Pete Dero on December 12, 2018, 04:06:55 PM
I finished the main story line in Assassins Creed Odyssey.

Took me 131 hours and got me to level 52.

Now that's dedication, well done.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

airboy

I finished Order of Battle WW2: Endseig.

It had a much more believable ending than most "Germany wins WW2" games.  You had a long series of battles in Russia where you were fighting against the odds.  If you won ALL OF THEM you got another shot at taking Moscow.  Taking Moscow got you peace on the Eastern Front (not the total capitulation of the USSR).

Then you go to the Western Front.  You have a long series of battles.  If you win all of them, you get a shot of winning the Buldge (you must win all victory conditions), Taking Brussels (must win all victory conditions) and then taking Calais.  If you hit every victory condition, you get a negotiated peace.

Germany has a peace agreement that leaves them with considerable territorial gains, but not mastery over all of Europe.