Polaris Sector - another new space 4x

Started by RedArgo, November 02, 2015, 04:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Trying to get into this, the ship design/combat is great!.. But this population unrest crap is killing me!!!  :crazy2:

solops

Police are your friends. A police unit is one of the first two things I build on every colony. More will be needed as time goes on.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Tuna

Yeah, I've been building them all along. I think it must be my food shortages!

Jarhead0331

Ha! He starves his people and complains about unrest. "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche"...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tuna

Believe me, I'm not 'trying' to starve them. just got out of hand.. Will have to go back to an earlier save and try and remedy the food situation quicker.

Jarhead0331

Yes. Starvation can be a real game killer. Make sure you use your temperate planets for agriculture. Once you have the technology, you can use ocean planets for harvesting food too.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

solops

And don't forget to use individual planetary policies to cut food demand at the cost of production/happiness.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

solops

Quote from: Tuna on November 04, 2018, 05:12:12 PM
Believe me, I'm not 'trying' to starve them. just got out of hand..
I tell my people the same thing...

FarAway Sooner

Managing the right ratio of different planet types is key.  I forget what it is, but I remember finding it and thinking, "Oh, this is how you get that starvation problem under control."

Trooperc7

Once you have the right tech (marine farms), farm ocean planets......that usually provides enough food for your empire.